Your safety is our top priority. Please visit dccc.edu/coronavirus to access resources and information to help support student success during the pandemic.
Life in the US
Delaware County Community College is a proud member of Campus Philly. Students looking for fun, cultural, exciting things to do in and around the city of Philadelphia should link to Campus Philly and participate in their events. Campus Philly is a wonderful and resourceful network of colleges and universities that all students can benefit from. Through Campus Philly, students receive discounts to restaurants, concerts, shows, and more!
Holidays and Celebrations in the United States
- New Year's Day, January 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday, third Monday in January
- Inauguration Day, January 20 every four years following a presidential election
- George Washington's Birthday, third Monday in February
- Inauguration Day, March 4 every four years
- Armed Forces Day, third Saturday in May
- Memorial Day, last Monday in May
- Flag Day, June 14
- United States of America's Independence Day, July 4
- Labor Day, first Monday in September
- Columbus Day, second Monday in October
- Election Day, Tuesday on or after November 2
- Veterans Day, November 11
- Thanksgiving Day, fourth Thursday in November
- Christmas Day, December 25
- Groundhog Day, February 2
- Lincoln's Birthday, February 12
- Valentine's Day, February 14
- Washington's Birthday, February 22
- St. Patrick's Day, March 17
- April Fool's Day, April 1
- Earth Day, April 22
- Mother’s Day, second Sunday in May
- Father’s Day, third Sunday in June
- Columbus Day (traditional), October 12
- United Nations Day, October 24
- Halloween, October 31
Daylight Saving Time
Here in the U.S. clocks are adjusted back one hour in fall and forward one hour in spring. In fall, as you move your clocks back one hour, you gain one extra hour. In spring, as you move your clocks one hour ahead, you lose one hour. An easy way to remember this new time system is “fall back; spring forward.” ESL and international students can find the dates for daylight saving time in the Student Handbook.
The climate in Pennsylvania can vary from season to season or even from day to day. Pennsylvania experiences all four seasons to their full extent: fall, winter, spring and summer.
Visit AccuWeather >>
The temperatures in the U.S. are reported in degrees Fahrenheit.
Fahrenheit to Celsius Conversion >>
Celsius to Fahrenheit Conversion >>