The College is open to assist you both virtually and at some select physical locations. Remote learning will continue through the summer and fall sessions. A small number of hybrid classes are offered with limited class meetings on campus and other work assigned online. Visit dccc.edu/coronavirus for more information.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Career & Counseling Center FAQ/Resources
- Remote Learning Tutorial
- Canvas Learning Management System Overview
- Remote Learning Resources for Faculty/Students
- Wellness, Athletics & Recreation Resources
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- CARES Act – Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
Thursday, June 4
Monday, May 11
Wednesday, April 15
Tuesday, March 24
Sunday, March 15, 1 p.m.
Saturday, March 14, 12:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 12, 3 p.m.
Thursday, March 12, 10 a.m.
July 2, 2020
The following are some of the key operational changes in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- The College is open to assist you both virtually and at some select physical locations. Remote learning will continue through the summer and fall sessions. A small number of hybrid classes are offered with limited class meetings on campus and other work assigned online.
- The College has made the difficult decision to continue offering most courses in an online format for the fall semester. This means if you have already registered for a face-to-face course, it will likely be changed to a fully online format. These online courses may have assigned meeting times during which students and faculty convene online at the same time, they could have no set meeting time with students engaging online with faculty, course content, discussions, and testing at different times, or a combination of both. A small number of courses will be scheduled in a hybrid format, which includes limited class meetings on campus with other work assigned online. If you have any questions, you can call Career and Counseling (610-359-5324) or email [email protected] to speak with an academic advisor.
- Career and Counseling Center representatives are available for in-person appointments only between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday at the Marple Campus, Downingtown Campus and Southeast Center for advising/registration and personal counseling appointments. In-person appointments are limited following the CDC guidelines of wearing a face covering and maintaining social distancing. To schedule an in-person appointment, please call 610-359-5324. Career and Counseling Services will continue to offer virtual (Zoom video conferencing or by phone) advising/registration and personal counseling between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday during the summer. Transfer advising and career counseling are only available virtually at this time. To request a transfer or career appointment, please call 610-359-5324. You may also contact us at [email protected] or [email protected].
- The College is committed to making education affordable. Given the ongoing crisis in the United States and in our local community, and in an effort to assist students with the cost of education, there will be no tuition and fee increase for the 2020-2021 academic year. To further assist students who may be facing uncertain economic times, the College is offering a 10% tuition discount for all classes taken during Summer 2 (June 29 – August 6).
- The IT Support Center team is available to assist you via remote support Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
- All clubs, athletics, student-related activities and external events are canceled through the summer.
- After surveying students and reviewing options, the College has decided to move Commencement to the fall. Decisions about the ceremony date and location will be informed by the guidance from federal and state authorities and the availability of a suitable venue. Graduates will be notified of the new date and location at least 45 days prior to the rescheduled date.
August 26: Last Day to Register for Fall 2020 & Fall 7-Week A Classes
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES
August 29: Fall 2020 and Fall 7-Week A Classes Begin
October 27: Fall 7-Week B Classes Begin
TBA: Commencement (Postponed to Fall 2020)
The College is monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely. We are in close contact with state and local health agencies to ensure that the College remains aware of all issues, concerns, guidelines, and protocols pertaining to the virus.
Out of an abundance of caution, we continue to take measures to ensure the health and safety of all students, including a deep cleaning and sanitizing of all facilities, which has already been completed.
We will continue to keep you updated as we learn more. If you have not already done so, we encourage you to sign up for our emergency text alerts.
For the latest information about Coronavirus COVID-19, please refer to reliable sources, including:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) information
- World Health Organization
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Delaware County Resources
For more information regarding steps to prevent illness, visit the CDC website.