New Student Orientation
Evidence suggests that students who participate in a New Student Orientation are more likely to be successful in college!
As a result, the College requires most students to participate in a New Student Orientation prior to registering for classes.
The College’s New Student Orientation programs give new students the tools, advice, and information needed to make a successful transition to college life.
For example, the College's New Student Orientation programs give new students the opportunity to:
- Become familiar with the College’s resources and required technology
- Learn what it means to be a college student and how to be successful
- Become familiar with the College’s campuses and support services
The College’s interactive Online Orientation can be completed anywhere you have internet access and provides you with information on each major area of the College. This orientation will help you develop a strong understanding of how to achieve academic success and complete your educational goals. Additionally, once you have completed the Online Orientation, you can revisit the information at any point during your time at the College.
To access the Online Orientation:
- Visit orientation.dccc.edu
- You will be prompted to log into your delaGATE account using your DCCC ID number (included in your admission letter and starts with P00). Your initial password will be your date of birth in the format MMDDYY (e.g., 122198)
- Once logged in, follow the prompts to complete the modules.
- Upon FULL completion of Online Orientation, you will receive a certificate of completion.
The following groups of students are encouraged, but not required to participate in a mandatory orientation:
- Readmitted students
- Students who earned a previous college degree
The following groups of students are exempt from participating in a mandatory orientation:
- Visiting students (with appropriate documentation)
- International students on an F-1 Visa (see information below on mandatory International Orientation)
- Paramedic and Emergency Management and Planning majors
The Office of International Student Services hosts three mandatory orientations per year (Fall, Spring, & Summer) for new students who are on F1 Visas. During orientation, you will receive valuable information about the College, the surrounding community, and the United States. It is important for students to arrive on time for orientation.
Please visit dccc.edu/international for International Orientation dates and bring the following items with you to your orientation as we will need to make copies of them:
- I-20 with Signatures
- Passport page with photo and Visa
- I-94 (please go the the I-94 Website link and print a copy or save as a PDF and send it to our office as an attachment)