New Student Orientation
Welcome to Delaware County Community College! Whether you’re a new or returning student, New Student Orientation will give you the tools, advice and information you need to make a successful transition to college life. Orientation is your opportunity to:
- Become familiar with the College’s resources
- Learn what it means to be a college student
- Build upon the work begun in your College Planning session
- Tour the campus
- Meet faculty, staff and students
All new students are required to attend an orientation session. Parents are also welcome!
The College’s Online Orientation provides great information to new students about each major area of the College while also enhancing your awareness of and ability to access resources and services. Our interactive Online Orientation will also help you to develop a strong understanding of how to achieve success and complete your educational goals at Delaware County Community College.
1. Go to orientation.dccc.edu
2. You will be prompted to log into your delaGATE account
3. Once logged in, begin and complete Online Orientation.
4. Upon FULL completion of Online Orientation, you will receive a certificate of completion. Once you have completed Online Orientation, you can still revisit it at any point during your tenure at the College.
Orientation sessions are held at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters, at our Marple Campus, Southeast Center, Upper Darby Center, Exton Center, Downingtown Campus and Pennocks Bridge Campus. Since space is limited, you need to RSVP for the session you plan to attend. To view a listing of orientations date at our campuses visit our events calendar. You must RSVP in delaGATE, or by calling the Campus Life Office at 610-359-5341. Please be sure to have your DCCCid (P#) available. Orientation sessions can last up to three hours, plan accordingly.