The College is open virtually to assist you while our physical locations are closed. Remote learning will continue through all spring and summer sessions. Please visit dccc.edu/coronavirus for more information.
New Student Orientation
Students who participate in Orientation are more likely to be successful in college! As a result, the College requires most students to participate in our mandatory online New Student Orientation prior to registering for classes.*
The College’s New Student Orientation program gives new students tools, advice and information needed to make a successful transition to college life. For example, the online orientation gives new students the opportunity to:
- Become familiar with the College’s resources and required technology
- Learn what it means to be a college student and how to be successful
- Become familiar with the College’s campuses and support services
The College’s interactive Online Orientation can be completed anywhere you have internet access and provides you with information on each major area of the College. This orientation will help you develop a strong understanding of how to achieve academic success and complete your educational goals. Additionally, once you have completed the Online Orientation, you can revisit the information at any point during your time at the College.
To access the Online Orientation:
- Visit orientation.dccc.edu
- You will be prompted to log into your delaGATE account using your DCCC ID number (included in your admission letter and starts with P00). Your initial password will be your date of birth in the format MMDDYY (e.g., 122198)
- Once logged in, follow the prompts to complete the modules.
- Upon FULL completion of Online Orientation, you will receive a certificate of completion.
Please note: If you plan to attend a Walk-in Registration event, we highly recommend you complete the Online Orientation prior to coming to campus!
* The following groups of students are encouraged, but not required to participate in a mandatory orientation:
- Readmitted students
- Students who earned a previous college degree
The following groups of students are exempt from participating in a mandatory orientation:
- Visiting students (with appropriate documentation)
- Dual Enrollment Students
- International students on an F-1 Visa
- Paramedic and Emergency Management and Planning majors