New Student Orientation
Students who participate in Orientation are more likely to be successful in college! As a result, the College requires most students to participate in a mandatory orientation prior to registering for classes.*
To make this process as easy as possible, we offer two orientation options. These options allow you to complete an orientation program that’s right for you.
Each New Student Orientation program gives you tools, advice and information needed to make a successful transition to college life. For example, each program gives you the opportunity to:
- Become familiar with the College’s resources and required technology
- Learn what it means to be a college student and how to be successful
- Become familiar with the College’s campuses and support services
New Student Orientation options include:
The College’s interactive Online Orientation can be completed anywhere you have internet access and provides you with information on each major area of the College.
This orientation will help you develop a strong understanding of how to achieve academic success and complete your educational goals. Additionally, once you have completed the Online Orientation, you can revisit the information at any point during your time at the College.
To access the Online Orientation:
- Visit orientation.dccc.edu
- You will be prompted to log into your delaGATE account using your using your DCCC ID number (included in your admission letter and starts with P00). Your initial password will be your date of birth in the format MMDDYY (e.g., 122198)
- Once logged in, follow the prompts to complete the modules.
- Upon FULL completion of Online Orientation, you will receive a certificate of completion.
Please note: If you plan to attend a Walk-in Registration event, we highly recommend you complete the Online Orientation prior to coming to campus!
In-person Orientations are another option for students who need to complete orientation. These sessions are sessions that you can attend on any College location. The information provided in these sessions are similar to what’s included in the Online Orientation. However, attending in person will give you an opportunity to meet college staff and fellow students and provides a more personal touch to your experience.
Contact Assessment Services to schedule (RSVP) to attend an In-Person Orientation.
* The following groups of students are encouraged, but not required to participate in a mandatory orientation:
- Readmitted students
- Students who earned a previous college degree
The following groups of students are exempt from participating in a mandatory orientation:
- Visiting students (with appropriate documentation)
- Dual Enrollment Students
- International students on an F-1 Visa