Effective Thursday, August 5, face masks will be required in all indoor facilities regardless of vaccination status. View additional updates at dccc.edu/coronavirus.
Planning to graduate and/or transfer to a four-year institution, college or university? Make an appointment with a transfer advisor!
The College has over 40 transfer agreements with four-year institutions, making it easier to save money and enjoy small classes at the College, and then transfer to pursue your bachelor’s degree. Students interested in transferring to a four-year institution should schedule an appointment with a transfer advisor shortly after beginning their first semester classes. Bring your own research to your appointment.
The following guide is suggested for students who have finished ESL and are interested in transferring to a four-year college or university:
First Semester of Regular Academic Courses (or up to 15 credits)
- Clarify your academic goals
- Attend transfer fairs and information sessions on campus
- Meet with a transfer counselor to begin transfer process
Second Semester (or 15-30 credits)
- Gather information on transfer institutions
- Attend transfer workshops
Third Semester (or 30-50 credits)
- Contact admissions counselors at transfer institutions
- Visit transfer campuses
- Submit applications for admissions, and if applicable, contact financial aid offices
Fourth Semester (or 50+ credits)
- Contact transfer institutions to ensure application file is complete