Act 101 Program
It is never too late to invest in your future!
Act 101 is a resource program for Pennsylvania residents who score at the developmental level in their College placement tests for reading, English and mathematics, and who need financial assistance in order to become ready for college-level courses.
The Act 101 Program is designed to provide educational support services that strengthen students’ academic skills and increase their confidence in their own ability to achieve. Students participating in Act 101 have the unique opportunity to improve skills in English, reading and math before starting the regular college experience.
We encourage students who are eligible for the Act 101 program to take advantage of these services and look forward to a more successful College experience!
Who is eligible for Act 101?
Act 101 has academic and economic criteria:
- Academic eligibility: Prospective students must take the Delaware County Community College placement test and score at the ENG 050, REA 050, and MAT 025/050 placement level.
- Economic eligibility is based a student’s household adjusted gross income; to establish qualification for financial aid, the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), must be completed and can be found at studentaid.gov.
What services are available through Act 101?
Counseling services are a fundamental and important ingredient of the Act 101 Program. The program’s counseling services will help our students realize their personal and educational goals, including:
- Introduction to the College and the Act 101 Program
- Assistance with career planning and decision-making
- Academic advising and help in course selection
- Assistance in clarifying values and developing goals
- Providing personal counseling
In addition to counseling services, academic tutoring services are available to all Act 101 students, scheduled by the students according to their schedules. Other resources available through Act 101 include:
- Computer stations to assist with coursework
- Study skills workshops
- Individual sessions in time management, note-taking, memory techniques and test-taking
What is the Act 101 Summer Bridge Program?
The Act 101 Summer Bridge Program is an intensive, tuition-free 7-week version of the Act 101 program. Textbook materials are free. Qualified students must provide their own transportation and lunch for the Summer Bridge Program.
We look forward to working with you!