For up-to-date COVID-19 protocols, including Health and Safety Guidelines for Summer/Fall 2022, visit dccc.edu/coronavirus.
Summer Bridge Program
The Summer Bridge Program is designed to help recent high school graduates and non-traditional learners enhance their academic skills, increase self-confidence and successfully transition to college-level coursework. Participating students are provided the opportunity to improve their skills in English, reading and mathematics before starting their regular college experience. Tutoring and counseling are important components of the program in addition to the coursework so students must be able to attend classes in person at Marple Campus, Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for duration of the seven weeks.
The Summer Bridge Program is free with no costs for tuition or textbooks.
- Developmental Reading: REA 050
- Developmental English (includes Speech): ENG 050
- Basic or Developmental Mathematics: MAT 025 or MAT 050
Note: Credits from these courses are not applicable toward a degree or certificate.
- Structured lab sessions with professional tutors are required.
- Professional, experienced staff members encourage students to become independent learners by teaching study skills to improve reading, organizing, note-taking, time management and test-taking.
- Computers are available to use on reports and papers as well as for individual enrichment in many subject areas
Academic advising and counseling support services will:
- Orient the student to the College and the Summer Bridge Program
- Assist in career-planning and decision-making
- Assist in course selection
- Help clarify values and develop self-concept
- Provide personal counseling
The Summer Bridge Program is being offered at no cost to the student for tuition or textbooks.
- Interested students who have yet to complete the College’s Application for Admission should do so as soon as possible.
- Interested students who have yet to take the College’s placement test should schedule an appointment to do so as soon as possible to determine eligibility.
- For more information or to sign up for the Summer Bridge Program, please call 610-359-5388.