The College is open virtually to assist you while our physical locations are closed. Remote learning will continue through all spring and summer sessions. Please visit dccc.edu/coronavirus for more information.
At Delaware County Community College, we believe in the value of getting off to a good start. That’s why we place so much importance on the experience you have during your first year of college. And it’s why we’re here with extra support during this critical time.
To help all students do well, the College has established the Office of Student Success and First-Year Experiences. Our helpful staff work one-on-one with first year students to ease their transition to college. We also can guide you to the college programs that meet your needs and put you on the path to success.
The mission of the Office of Student Success and First-Year Experiences is to administer important student success initiatives and provide services, and resources that will lead to students Achieving their Dreams at the College and beyond
The Office of Student Success and First-Year Experiences relies on a number of outreach activities to help our students in that all-important first year, providing close interaction with new students as well as services like:
- Student Success Conferences: designed to motivate students to achieve academic/personal goals and connect with alums
- Course Advisement: to help you choose courses that are right for you
- New Student Orientation: to get you off to a good start
- Mentoring: connecting first-year students with experienced professional and peer mentors
We also offer valuable services for students at all stages of their college career:
- Learn about and get references to available the college's services such as tutoring, financial aid, library services, information technology, personal and career counseling, and more
- Connect to campus activities, such as clubs and student organizations, that will enhance your college experience
- Receive guidance about the course selection process
Become a Mentee
Are you interested in getting to know your campus better? Would you like peer and/or professional guidance in navigating your academic endeavors? Are you looking for someone to connect with, bounce ideas/concerns off of, or to just listen?
Student Success Menu
• For educationally under-prepared Pennsylvania residents who need financial assistance to become ready for college-level courses
• Educational support services to strengthen academic skills and increase confidence
• Provides requested academic accommodations to students with documented learning disabilities to enhance their success at the College
INT 100 (Student Success Course)
• Promotes success in college
• Establishes educational objectives
• Increases success in achieving goals
• Improves behaviors and attitudes
• Provides TANF and SNAP recipients with career counseling, tutoring and academic support, including help with financial aid
• Facilitates supportive services available through the County Assistance Office
• Connects with peer mentor (student)) for friendship and successful transition into the College
• Connects with professional mentor (professor)/administrator) for support and guidance
• Professionals help students succeed in the most challenging courses
• Available at all campuses
• Peer Tutors for many subjects
• SMARTHINKING online tutoring available 24/7