Face masks are required in all indoor facilities regardless of vaccination status. Effective January 1, 2022, proof of vaccination will be required for students, employees and visitors. Visit dccc.edu/vaccine-info for additional information.
Student Resource Center Donation Procedures & Values
Academic Building, Room 1301
Dr. Kendrick Mickens, EdD
Director, Student Resource Center/Student Outreach and Support
Jennifer Hansford, AS
Mon-Tues, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wed-Thurs, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
The Student Resource Center Pantry is primarily designated to non-perishable food items, toiletries, schools supplies and new or gently used professional attire.
Non-Perishable Food Items We Accept
- Canned items such as vegetables, fruits, beans, and instant meals.
- Boxed items such as pastas, cereals, instant meals, stuffing, potatoes, and macaroni & cheese.
- Bottled items such as peanut butter, jelly, salad dressing, and sauces.
Hygiene Products We Accept
- Shaving Cream & Razors
- Toothpaste & Tooth Brushes
- Toilet Paper
- Hotel Sized Hygiene Products
- Shampoo, Conditioner, Lotion, and Body Wash
School Supplies We Accept
- Writing Pads
- Spiral Notebooks
- Three-Ring Binders
New & Gently Used Clothing We Accept
- Button Down Shirts
- Knee-Length Dresses
- Knee-Length Skirts
Other Donations We Accept
Non-Perishable Food Items We Don’t Accept
- Opened boxes, cans, or bags of any kind.
- Any perishable food item that can spoil or go bad.
Hygiene Products We Don’t Accept
- Previously opened boxes or bottles that appear unsanitary.
- The Pantry holds the right to deny any other items on a case by case basis.
School Supplies We Don’t Accept
- Used Notebooks
- Used or damaged supplies
New & Gently Used Clothing We Don’t Accept
- Sequined Outfits
- Student Resource Center-Academic Building, Room 1301
- Office of Institutional Advancement, Founders Hall, Room 3538
All students, faculty, administrators, staff and other guests can expect the following while visiting the Student Resource Center:
- Prompt and courteous service;
- Respectful treatment 100% of the time;
- Best efforts of staff to meet your needs and/or interests;
- Direct referrals to appropriate departments when resources and services that meet student needs and interests aren’t provided in the Student Resource Center.