In accordance with Governor Wolf’s November 23 directive, the College has made some operational changes, effective November 30, that will allow us to complete the spring semester safely. Visit dccc.edu/coronavirus to access more information and student resources.
College Planning is an important step on your path to success at Delaware County Community College.
Planning sessions help you learn more about the College while working with our staff to choose the courses that are best for you.
The work we do together in College Planning sessions is based in part on the results of your placement tests. If you plan to earn a degree from the College, take a course in English or mathematics, or take a class with an English or math pre-requisite, you will need to take the appropriate placement test(s). The results of these tests help us plan your academic schedule and place you in the courses that are right for you.
At your placement testing appointment, you will be scheduled for your College Planning session where you will:
- Learn more about the College
- Hear a presentation on academic information, student services, placement test results, faculty expectations and scheduling courses
- Meet with an academic advisor to discuss your goals, placement test results, previous experience, abilities and interests
- Choose your courses with the help of your advisor
- Plan your College schedule, choosing the class times that are best for you