Please visit dccc.edu/coronavirus to access student resources and support, including information about federal relief funding for eligible students during the pandemic.
Volunteer Tutors Needed for GED Program
(Delaware and Chester Counties, PA - November 5, 2012)— Are you interested in obtaining personal satisfaction and fulfillment by helping adult learners work toward accomplishing their academic goals? Then become a volunteer tutor! Delaware County Community College’s GED Program is seeking volunteer tutors to assist adult learners in improving their basic reading comprehension, writing and math skills.
Tutors will support GED classes that are funded through a grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Education to support Adult Basic and Literacy Education (ABLE). Volunteers are needed to assist small groups at the following locations:
- Downingtown Campus (100 Bond Drive, Downingtown, PA)
- Exton Center (906 & 912 Springdale Drive, Exton PA)
- Marple Campus (901 S. Media Line Road, Media, PA)
- Pennocks Bridge Campus (280 Pennocks Bridge Road, West Grove, PA)
- Upper Darby Center (1570 Garrett Road, Upper Darby, PA)
- J. Lewis Crozer Library (620 Engle Street, Chester, PA)
As part of the ABLE grant requirements, volunteers are required to attend a training session. A session will be held on the Marple Campus on Thursday, December 13, from 6 to 8 p.m. Volunteers also must have a bachelor’s degree or be enrolled in a four-year degree program. This includes community college students who are enrolled in a transfer program that will lead to a four-year degree.
# # #