Seeking to Fill Vacancy on Board of Trustees
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Dan Kanak, Public Relations
(Media, PA) - Delaware County Community College is seeking to fill a vacancy on its 13-member Board of Trustees. This volunteer position is for an unexpired term ending in June 2013.
The College encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds who evidence:
- Involvement in and understanding of our community and its educational and employment needs
- Enthusiasm for the mission of community colleges
- Willingness to commit time for board meetings, committee meetings, planning sessions, and special events
- Ability to work well in a group
- Desire to be an ambassador for the College within their community
Candidates must also reside in one of the College’s sponsoring school districts, which include: Chester Upland, Garnet Valley (Bethel Township), Haverford, Interboro, Radnor, Ridley, Rose Tree Media, Southeast Delco, Springfield, Upper Darby, Wallingford-Swarthmore (Swarthmore and Rutledge), and William Penn.
Delaware County Community College’s full Board of Trustees meets on the third Wednesday of the month. For additional information and/or application materials, contact the President’s Office at (610) 359-5288.
# # #