CPR Courses Offered This Summer at Marple Campus
(Delaware and Chester Counties, PA • May 7, 2015)—Delaware County Community College is offering a variety of CPR courses this summer. Courses will be held at the College’s Marple Campus (901 S. Media Line Road, Media) and will teach participants the life-saving skills needed to know how to respond to a cardiac or breathing emergency. These courses are essential for parents as well as those pursuing work as a lifeguard, camp counselor or child care provider. To register for one of the courses listed below, call 610-723-6315. Payment is due at registration. Learn more about other CPR offerings at www.dccc.edu/cpr.
ESPD 5580 Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
This course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. The cost is $79. Choose from one of the following sessions:
- Wednesday, May 20 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 26 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Monday, June 15 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 7 & Thursday, July 9 7-10 p.m.
- Saturday, July 18 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 21 & Thursday, July 23 7-10 p.m.
- Saturday, August 1 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 4 & Thursday, August 6 7-10 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 18 & Thursday, August 20 7-10 p.m.
ESPD 5596 Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (Renewal)
Available only to currently certified AHA, BLS for Healthcare Providers. Proof of certification is required. Cost is $53. Choose from one of the following sessions:
- Thursday, June 4 1-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 15 6-10 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 29 6-10 p.m.
ESPD 3291 Basic Life Support/Heartsaver Instructor
This course is designed to prepare you to teach American Heart Association courses in Adult, Child, Infant CPR, AED, Choking and First Aid to both the professional rescuer and first responders. A current BLS provider certification is required. Cost is $367. Choose from Tuesday, June 16 from 1 to 5 p.m. or Thursday, June 18 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.