Your safety is our top priority. Please visit dccc.edu/coronavirus to access resources and information to help support student success during the pandemic.
CARES Act – Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
On March 27, 2020, the President of the United States signed the CARES Act (H.R. 748), which provides emergency relief funds to organizations and individuals affected by the coronavirus pandemic. The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF), found in Section 18004 of the CARES Act, provides funding to institutions of higher education “to prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus.” The following information is provided by Delaware County Community College (DCCC) as required by the United States Department of Education (“ED”) in order to comply with the reporting requirements under the CARES Act. This is progress report presents information as of December 15, 2020. Additional reports will be provided updates every 45 days.
- Delaware County Community College (DCCC) signed and returned the Certification and Agreement to the U.S. Department of Education on April 10, 2020 for the HEERF Funds for Emergency Financial Aid Grants. DCCC received its grant award notification dated May 4, 2020. In keeping with the terms of the certification, DCCC will use no less than 50% of the funds received, as stated under 18004(c) of the CARES Act, to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants directly to students.
- Delaware County Community College received a total of $5,360,154 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, of which $2,680,077 is to be provided directly to students impacted by campus disruption due to the Covid-19 crisis.
- As of the date of this disclosure, Delaware County Community College has disbursed $2,680,077.
- Delaware County Community College estimated that approximately 7,000 students could be eligible to participate in Federal Title IV Programs of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus may be eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- As of the date of this disclosure, the Delaware County Community College has sent Emergency Financial Aid Grant disbursement checks to 4,450 students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.