Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize and encourage scholarship among community/junior college students. To achieve this, Phi Theta Kappa provides opportunities for development in the areas of scholarship, leadership, fellowship and service. Since established in 1918 more than 3.5 million students nation-wide have become members www.ptk.org.
The College has two established chapters. Listen to the PTK Podcast here.
Delaware and Other Counties:
Alpha Tau Epsilon (ATE)
Professor, Kelly Chamberlain
Professor, Paul Pat
Students that meet the following criteria each fall and spring semester are contacted and encouraged to join:
- Completed a minimum of 12 semester hours of associate degree work
- A 3.5 or higher GPA
Phi Theta Kappa members can look forward to:
- An induction ceremony
- Scholarship opportunities to help complete associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees
- Leadership and service opportunities
- Programming to help build professional skills
- Continuing education resources for students seeking to transfer
Here's what PTK members say about their experience:
Two induction ceremonies are held each year, one in the fall and the second in the spring. The event date and time are decided during each semester.
2022-2023 Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholar
2021-2022 All PA Academic Team
Not pictured: Linus Gedeo
2021-2022 Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholar
2020-2021 All PA Academic Team