Effective January 1, 2022, proof of vaccination is required for all faculty, staff and students taking on-campus classes or accessing on-campus services. More information, including specifics for prospective students and visitors, is available at dccc.edu/vaccine-info. Face masks are required in all indoor facilities.
When an injury or illness occurs on any campus or center, Safety and Security is to be contacted immediately. Security Officers are certified in CPR/AED. All faculty, staff, students and visitors are authorized to call 911 in the event of a medical emergency. Phones are located around the buildings. If you are calling from a College phone, you must first dial a 9 to get an outside line (9-911).
Campus Safety & Security Phone Numbers:
The Wellness Program takes a holistic approach to health education by promoting, and providing wellness resources to faculty, staff and students in our campus community. By focusing on the 8 dimesions of wellness, we are able to provide diverse education, resources, and programing to help our community achieve a healthier, and more sustainable lifestyle.
We encourage students and staff to take advantage of our wellness education offerings, including health fairs,workshops, publications and online information. For more information, see below.
What's New With Wellness (WNWW)
Our What's New With Wellness virtual series was created to introduce you to various health and wellness resources in our community. The goal of each episode is to provide information and education on important topics relevant to achieving a healthy lifestyle such as financial wellness, sexual health, social wellness clubs, and much more! We also hope that it will make our community feel comfortable to take action by using these resources in the future!
- Ep. 1 - Counseling/LGBTQ Resources w/ Jason Stansberry
- Ep. 2 - Sexual Health Resources w/ Amber Nichols of Family and Community Service of Delco
- Ep. 3 - Domestic Abuse Project Delco Resources w/ Nicole Powell
- Ep. 4 - The importance of Donating Blood, How/When/Where w/ Jill Daws of the American Red Cross
- Ep. 5 - Picking the right shoe to get moving! w/ Ken Taylor of "The Running Place"
- Ep. 6 Mainline Health System Hospital and Wellness Resources, W/ Kara Chivalette
- Ep. 7- Social Health & Wellness Club, Virtual Running Club w/ Lionel Brodie of OPAC
- Ep. 8 - Nutrition Education w/ Jasmine Westbrooks of Eat Well Exchange, inc.
- Ep. 9- Financial Wellness Resources with Beth Manley of FMFCU
- Ep. 10- DCCC Wellness Athletics & Recreation
- Ep. 11- Suicide Prevention/Counseling Resources with Ryan Jeral of DCCC
- Ep. 12- Health Insrance Resources w/ Sharon Graham of Centers for medicare & Medicaid Services
- Health Insurance Marketplace
- PA Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Chester County Prescription Discount Card
- Health Insurance Coverage in PA - Tools and Resources
- InfantSee.org - Free initial eye assessment for Children
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance
- Spanish Language Health Care Website
- Consumer Resources
- Partner Resources
If you have a temporary injury or illness that makes it difficult to walk a long distance from parking lots, the Wellness Center and Campus Safety offices can provide you with a temporary Medical Parking Permit. These permits are available for eight-week periods, with the possibility of an extension, if needed. To be eligible, you must complete an application, provide a copy of your Driver's License and a note from your doctor indicating your injury/illness. If you have questions, please contact Director of Student Conduct Charles Schnur at [email protected], 610-359-7385, or Marple 3250.
The Wellness Center is here to provide information on relevant health issues, community resources and other wellness topics. Stop by Room 1181 for brochures, flyers, books and other resources on wellness topics from sexual health to nutrition and smoking.
Academic Building, Room 1181
Hours: Monday - Friday 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Move More All Month Long
- Choose your own workout circuit from the comfort of your home
- 25 Ways to Get Moving at Home
- Balance Exercises
- Importance of flexibility
Mindfulness & Meditation
- 10-Minute Mindfulness Meditation
- The Perfect Mindfulness Meditation in Only 10 Minutes
- Become Fully Present & Calm with this Guided 10-Minute Mindfulness Meditation
- Mindful Monday
Group Exercise Classes
- Les Mills At-Home Workouts
- 30-min Cardio Latin Dance Workout
- 30-Min STRONG Zumba-Full Body Toning
- 10-Minute Standing Core Workout
- 30-Min Hip Hop Fit Workout
- 30 Min At-Home Boxing Workout
Delaware County Community College is 100 percent tobacco free. The Tobacco-Free Campus Policy is part of a commitment to create a healthy and sustainable environment for the entire College community. It is intended to eliminate exposure to secondhand smoke, provide an environment supportive of tobacco-free lifestyles and eliminate the environmental impact of cigarette litter. The policy applies to all faculty, staff, students and visitors (including contractors and their employees).