The College is open to assist you both virtually and at some select physical locations. Remote learning will continue through the summer and fall sessions. A small number of hybrid classes are offered with limited class meetings on campus and other work assigned online. Visit dccc.edu/coronavirus for more information.
When an injury or illness occurs on any campus or center, Safety and Security is to be contacted immediately. Security Officers are certified in CPR/AED. All faculty, staff, students and visitors are authorized to call 911 in the event of a medical emergency. Phones are located around the buildings. If you are calling from a College phone, you must first dial a 9 to get an outside line (9-911).
Campus Safety & Security Phone Numbers:
The Wellness Center promotes health and wellness to faculty, staff and students at all College campuses, by developing and delivering programs on health and wellness topics.
We’re here to promote your good health. We encourage students and staff to take advantage of our wellness education offerings, including health fairs,workshops, publications and online information. For more information, select from the menu below.
JANUARY (Adopt Healthy Habits)
- 1/13-16, Welcome Week Tabling
- 1/22, Healthy Break (Learning Commons)
- 1/22-23, Blood Drive 9 a.m.- 7 p.m.
- 1/30, STI & HIV Screening, Safe Sex Kit Tabling 11 a.m.- 2 p.m. (Room 2260)
FEBRUARY (Heart Month) Four Steps to Healthy Heart Challenge
- 2/6, Low Vision Awareness Tabling 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (Academic Building Lobby)
- 2/11, LA Fitness Providing Biometric Screenings 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (STEM Lobby)
- 2/18, Rite Aid Tabling- Healthy Heart- 10:30-12:30 (Academic Building Lobby)
- 2/18, Financial Wellness Workshop 11a.m. (Student Center)
- 3/2, Mindful Monday Meditation 1:45 p.m.- 2:30 p.m. (Room 2510)
- 3/3, Tyler Arboretum Tabling 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. (Founders Hall Lobby)
- 3/4, Free Yoga 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. (Student Center)
- 3/16, Mindful Monday Meditation 1:45 p.m.- 2:30 p.m. (Room 2510)
- 3/18, Healthy Break 11:30 a.m. (Learning Commons)
- 3/18, Free Yoga 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. (Student Center)
- 3/23, Mindful Monday Meditation 1:45 p.m.- 2:30 p.m. (Room 2510)
- 3/24, Distracted Driving Tabling 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 3/25, Free Yoga, 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. (Student Center)
- 3/30, Mindful Monday Meditation 1:45 p.m.- 2:30 p.m. (Room 2510)
- 3/31, Chiropractor Workshop, Healthy Spine/Balance Screening (TBD)
- 2/20 & 2/27, Free Yoga Class 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 3/24, Free Yoga 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 3/25, Financial Wellness Workshop 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 3/26, Rite Aid, General Health Tabling 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 3/26, STI & HIV Screening, Build Your Own Safe Sex Kit 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 3/26, Distracted Driving Tabling 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Pennocks Bridge Campus
- 3/17, Free Yoga 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 3/19, Financial Wellness Workshop 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 3/19, Drug and Addiction Tabling 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 3/19, Rite Aid, General Health Tabling 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 3/17, Financial Wellness Workshop, 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 3/17, "Eat Green" Tabling 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 3/17, Distracted Driving Tabling 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 3/19, Free Yoga 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 3/20, 10-Minute Stretch Break 9:25 a.m. & 10 a.m.
Upper Darby Center
- 2/24, Healthy Break 11:05 a.m.
- 2/25, Narcan Training
- 2/27, HIV & STI Screenings, Safe Sex Kit Tabling
- 2/27, Financial Wellness Tabling, Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union
- 3/5, Distracted Driving Tabling 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
If you have a temporary injury or illness that makes it difficult to walk a long distance from parking lots, the Wellness Center and Campus Safety offices can provide you with a temporary Medical Parking Permit. These permits are available for eight-week periods, with the possibility of an extension, if needed. To be eligible, you must complete an application, provide a copy of your Driver's License and a note from your doctor indicating your injury/illness.
The Wellness Center is here to provide information on relevant health issues, community resources and other wellness topics. Stop by Room 1181 for brochures, flyers, books and other resources on wellness topics from sexual health to nutrition and smoking.
Academic Building, Room 1181
Hours: Monday - Friday 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Delaware County Community College is 100 percent tobacco free. The Tobacco-Free Campus Policy is part of a commitment to create a healthy and sustainable environment for the entire College community. It is intended to eliminate exposure to secondhand smoke, provide an environment supportive of tobacco-free lifestyles and eliminate the environmental impact of cigarette litter. The policy applies to all faculty, staff, students and visitors (including contractors and their employees).