Please visit dccc.edu/coronavirus to access student resources and support information during the pandemic.
Wellness, Athletics & Recreation Resources
February is for Fitness Challenge
The new year is here and it is time to get moving! During the month of February, the goal is to be physically active each day of the month, from February 1 to February 28 (achieving 15-30 minutes of activity of your choice). Each week, suggested exercises/activities and mini challenges will be sent out for added inspiration (and bonus prizes!). You will earn milestones (and digital badges when you reach 7, 14, 21, and 28 active days. At the start of the challenge, you will receive a form to submit your daily activity. Register
Live Group Exercise Classes
All Level Yoga | First Monday of the Month (2/1, 3/1, 4/5, 5/3) | Noon-12:45 p.m. | Join »
*BEFORE participating in any group exercise class, please be sure to consult with your personal physician to ensure you are ready for physical activity*
Rec Movement - Group Fitness Classes
We partnered with Rec Movement in order to provide our campus community with free access to a digital library (archived and live) of group fitness classes! To join, follow these steps"
- Visit www.recmovement.com
- Click "Create an Account" and then "Create"
- Follow sign up instructions (Note: you must use your DCCC email address)
- Search for classes and enjoy! For "live" classes, browse "upcoming events." For past classes, view "pre-recorded events."
Wellness Warrior Workshops - Series Schedule
*All students who attend 4 Wellness Warrior Workshops (or watch previously recorded sessions and notify Sara Steinman at email@example.com) throughout the 2020-21 academic year will earn a Wellness Certificate!
SPRING 2021 SCHEDULE
WW#5: New Year, New Me! Effective Goal Setting
This discussion will help you start the semester off on the right foot and help you utlize effective goal setting techniques and strategies to maximize your personal and academic performance.
Thursday, January 28, at 11 a.m.
WW#6: Gratitude is the New Attitude
Sponsored by the Suicide Prevention Committee. Using the five senses, participants will enhance gratitude through the act of noticing and appreciating the little things. The group will participate in activities where interactive conversation is encouraged, but not required. This group will also help to create a virtual gratitude board which will be shared and used by the College community! All are welcome to join us! Facilities: Bonnie Yake and Ryan Jeral, Counselors and Brieanne Rogers, Assistant Director of Campus Life.
Wednesday, February 23 at 5 p.m.
Previously Recorded Sessions from Fall 2020
WW#2: Wellness Discussion with Avery Marz, M. A. Overcoming Obstacles & Living Mindfully
This discussion style seminar looks into the life of Avery Marz, and how she uses her mindful perspective to overcome any obstacle placed in her way. As a stroke survivor, division I student-athlete, 2018 Pat Summitt Most Courageous Award recipient, writer, and educator, Avery is an amazing example of how having the right mindset, can allow her to persevere and succeed at a high level.
WW#3: Financial Wellness with Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union
Learn tips and tricks to improve your credit health to help you improve your credit score! Watch Video
WW#4: Live Cooking Demo with Jasmine Westbrooks, MS, RD, LDN, CDE of Eat Well Exchange Inc.
In this interactive and educational demonstration, you will learn to make Sweet Potato hash and spiced apple salad! Watch Video
Rhythm & Sound for Self Care & Stress Relief with Dani Fiore | Watch Video
Lunch n' Learns
February 10 at Noon: Food for a Better Mood
Join us for the first of our monthly Lunch n’ Learn workshops with Jena Wood, registered dietician from ShopRite of West Chester. In this session, participants will gain a better understanding about the connection between healthy eating and your overall well-being, including how to boost your mood! Register
March 10 at Noon: Dinner on a Dime
Join us for our monthly Lunch n’ Learn workshops with Jena Wood, registered dietician from ShopRite of West Chester. In this session, participants will learn how to shop on a budget and prepare meals with few ingredients.
April 14 at Noon: Simple Snacking
Join us for our monthly Lunch n’ Learn workshops with Jena Wood, registered dietician from ShopRite of West Chester. In this session, participants will enjoy an interactive cooking demonstration, preparing a healthy and easy-to-make snack! We will discuss the benefits of snacking and how to to so in a healthy manner.
Every Monday, DCCC Wellness will be adding new content/resources to this page, as well as our social media to promote healthy movement! Check out some of our current resources below, and follow us on Instagram at @dccc_athletics for more information.
- Stretch Break- Hips and IT Band 90/90 (Watch Video)
- Stretch Break- Upper Body Mobility/Clamshell (Watch Video)
- Stretch Break-Hamstrings, Hip Flexors, Quads (Watch Video)
- Squat Form and Technique (Watch Video)
- Full Body Strength/Muscle Endurance Workout (Watch Video)
- 10 Minute Mindful Standing Stretch Break (Watch Video)
- Full Body Stretch Routine (Watch Video)
- 10 Minute Stretch Routine Pt. 2 (Watch Video)
For your safety, please consult with your physician before participating in any physical activity to ensure it is safe for you to exercise. For further questions, please Email Austin Carroll.
Every Wednesday, DCCC Wellness will be highlighting wellness resources in the community, and will be providing information on tips to achieving a healthier lifestyle. Check out some of our current resources below!
- Healthy Cooking at Home: Banana Brownies | Watch Video
- Spice Cabinet Veggie Dip | Watch Video
- Pollinator Gardening | Watch video
- The Ecological Garden | Read Article
- Intro to Growing Herbs | Read Article
What's New With Wellness (WNWW)
Check out our latest episodes from our WNWW Instagram TV series, focused on highlighting wellness resources in our local and internal community!
- Ep. 1 - Counseling/LGBTQ Resources w/ Jason Stansberry
- Ep. 2 - Sexual Health Resources w/ Amber Nichols of Family and Community Service of Delco
- Ep. 3 - Domestic Abuse Project Delco Resources w/ Nicole Powell
- Ep. 4 - The importance of Donating Blood, How/When/Where w/ Jill Daws of the American Red Cross
- Ep. 5 - Picking the right shoe to get moving! w/ Ken Taylor of "The Running Place"
- Ep. 6 Main Line Health System Hospital and Wellness Resources, W/ Kara Chivalette
- Ep. 7- Social Health & Wellness Club, Virtual Running Club w/ Lionel Brodie of OPAC
- Ep. 8 - Nutrition Education w/ Jasmine Westbrooks of Eat Well Exchange, inc.
- Ep. 9- Financial Wellness Resources with Beth Manley of FMFCU
- Ep. 10- DCCC Wellness Athletics & Recreation
- Ep. 11- Suicide Prevention/Counseling Resources with Ryan Jeral of DCCC
Learn the importance of staying active and the health benefits of physical activity. Check out some of the resources below that may help you get started!
- Choose your own workout circuit from the comfort of your home
- 25 Ways to Get Moving at Home
- Balance Exercises
- Importance of flexibility
Mindfulness & Meditation
- 10-Minute Mindfulness Meditation
- The Perfect Mindfulness Meditation in Only 10 Minutes
- Become Fully Present & Calm with this Guided 10-Minute Mindfulness Meditation
- Mindful Monday
Group Exercise Classes
- Les Mills At-Home Workouts
- 30-min Cardio Latin Dance Workout
- 30-Min STRONG Zumba-Full Body Toning
- 10-Minute Standing Core Workout
- 30-Min Hip Hop Fit Workout
- 30 Min At-Home Boxing Workout
Additional Free Online Fitness Resources
- Orange Theory workouts focused on themes such as core, upper and lower body. Designed to elevate your mood. No workout equipment required, household items welcome.
- Fitness Blender provides a variety of workouts that range from low impact to high intensity and offer weightlifting, cardio, kickboxing, yoga and pilates. Minimal equipment needed.
- Yoga with Adrienne offers a variety of stretching and meditation-inspired workouts that will leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
- Redefining Strength content includes workouts and exercise variations with dynamic warm up routines to get started.
- Overtime Athletes provides great content for speed training, agility drills and mobility exercises.
Community Wellness Resources
Physical Wellness: Our Community Gym Partner | Retro Fitness | Click here to learn about our DCCC Exclusive Membership
Enviormental Wellness: Check Out Tyler Arboretum
Delco/Chesco LGBTQ Resources