Most Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 courses will be held online or as hybrid (classroom/online). Certain courses that require a hands-on component will be held in-person. The College is open to assist you both virtually and at some select physical locations. Visit dccc.edu/coronavirus for more information.
Wellness, Athletics & Recreation Resources
Live Group Exercise Classes
*BEFORE participating in any group exercise class, please be sure to consult with your personal physician to ensure you are ready for physical activity*
Wellness Warrior Workshop #1 (Register Now)
Emotional Intelligence & Overall Well-being | September 23 11 a.m.-Noon | Zoom Workshop
This web seminar takes a look into the mental wellness journey of DCCC Wellness Coordinator, Austin Carroll. Through his experience as a health professional, Austin shares his insight on how important it is to have a deeper level of self-awareness in order to maintain a healthy mind and body. His RETOX formula is a simple tool used to guide the audience to find their very own self-care routine.
Speaker: Austin Carroll | MBA, CPT, PES | DCCC Wellness Coordinator
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Every Monday, DCCC Wellness will be adding new content/resources to this page, as well as our social media to promote healthy movement! Check out some of our current resources below, and follow us on Instagram at @dccc_athletics for more information.
- Stretch Break- Hips and IT Band 90/90 (Watch Video)
- Stretch Break- Upper Body Mobility/Clamshell (Watch Video)
- Stretch Break-Hamstrings, Hip Flexors, Quads (Watch Video)
- Squat Form and Technique (Watch Video)
- Full Body Strength/Muscle Endurance Workout (Watch Video)
- 10 Minute Mindful Standing Stretch Break (Watch Video)
- Full Body Stretch Routine (Watch Video)
- 10 Minute Stretch Routine Pt. 2 (Watch Video)
For your safety, please consult with your physician before participating in any physical activity to ensure it is safe for you to exercise. For further questions, please Email Austin Carroll.
Every Wednesday, DCCC Wellness will be highlighting wellness resources in the community, and will be providing information on tips to achieving a healthier lifestyle. Check out some of our current resources below!
- Healthy Cooking at Home: Banana Brownies | Watch Video
- Spice Cabinet Veggie Dip | Watch Video
- Pollinator Gardening | Watch video
- The Ecological Garden | Read Article
- Intro to Growing Herbs | Read Article
What's New With Wellness (WNWW)
Check out our latest episodes from our WNWW Instagram TV series, focused on highlighting wellness resources in our local and internal community!
- Ep. 1 - Counseling/LGBTQ Resources w/ Jason Stansberry
- Ep. 2 - Sexual Health Resources w/ Amber Nichols of Family and Community Service of Delco
- Ep. 3 - Domestic Abuse Project Delco Resources w/ Nicole Powell
- Ep. 4 - The importance of Donating Blood, How/When/Where w/ Jill Daws of the American Red Cross
- Ep. 5 - Picking the right shoe to get moving! w/ Ken Taylor of "The Running Place"
- Ep. 6 Main Line Health System Hospital and Wellness Resources, W/ Kara Chivalette
- Ep. 7- Social Health & Wellness Club, Virtual Running Club w/ Lionel Brodie of OPAC
- Ep. 8 - Nutrition Education w/ Jasmine Westbrooks of Eat Well Exchange, inc.
- Ep. 9- Financial Wellness Resources with Beth Manley of FMFCU
- Ep. 10- DCCC Wellness Athletics & Recreation
- Ep. 11- Suicide Prevention/Counseling Resources with Ryan Jeral of DCCC
Learn the importance of staying active and the health benefits of physical activity. Check out some of the resources below that may help you get started!
- Choose your own workout circuit from the comfort of your home
- 25 Ways to Get Moving at Home
- Balance Exercises
- Importance of flexibility
Mindfulness & Meditation
- 10-Minute Mindfulness Meditation
- The Perfect Mindfulness Meditation in Only 10 Minutes
- Become Fully Present & Calm with this Guided 10-Minute Mindfulness Meditation
- Mindful Monday
Group Exercise Classes
- Les Mills At-Home Workouts
- 30-min Cardio Latin Dance Workout
- 30-Min STRONG Zumba-Full Body Toning
- 10-Minute Standing Core Workout
- 30-Min Hip Hop Fit Workout
- 30 Min At-Home Boxing Workout
Additional Free Online Fitness Resources
- Orange Theory workouts focused on themes such as core, upper and lower body. Designed to elevate your mood. No workout equipment required, household items welcome.
- Fitness Blender provides a variety of workouts that range from low impact to high intensity and offer weightlifting, cardio, kickboxing, yoga and pilates. Minimal equipment needed.
- Yoga with Adrienne offers a variety of stretching and meditation-inspired workouts that will leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
- Redefining Strength content includes workouts and exercise variations with dynamic warm up routines to get started.
- Overtime Athletes provides great content for speed training, agility drills and mobility exercises.
Community Wellness Resources
Physical Wellness: Our Community Gym Partner | Retro Fitness | Click here to learn about our DCCC Exclusive Membership
Enviormental Wellness: Check Out Tyler Arboretum
Delco/Chesco LGBTQ Resources