In accordance with Governor Wolf’s November 23 directive, the College has made some operational changes, effective November 30, that will allow us to complete the fall semester safely. Visit dccc.edu/coronavirus to access more information and student resources.
Art Gallery Call For Entries: 215 | 610 Contemporary Juried Exhibition of Regional Emerging Artists
About the Exhibition
The Gallery at Delaware County Community College presents the 215|610 Contemporary: Juried Exhibition of Regional Emerging Artists, to be presented entirely online this March, 2021. The purpose of this juried exhibition is to engage the community in regional art and participate in an exchange of ideas and abilities. Artists are invited to bring new life to an age-old method of creating art, building a contemporary definition of their medium.
Juror: Christina Vassallo
Christina Vassallo was appointed Executive Director of the Fabric Workshop and Museum, in Philadelphia, in early 2020. Previously, she spent six productive years as Executive + Artistic Director of SPACES, in Cleveland, where she provided creative direction and oversaw operations for one of the longest-running alternative art organizations in the country. Before relocating to Cleveland, she was Executive Director of Flux Factory, in NYC, where she set the course for an expansive art collective and residency program. She is currently completing the Chief Executive Program of National Arts Strategies with a nonprofit certificate from Harvard Business School, as well as a 2021 fellowship through the German Marshall Fund.
$400 Best in Show
$300 First Place
$200 Second Place
$100 Third Place
This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are waiving all entry fees for the March 2021 exhibition.
All entries must be submitted Sunday, January 3, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST. You will receive an automatically generated email upon submission of the entry form below. Limit three (3) submissions per artist.
Regional, emerging artists are invited to submit up to three (3) pieces for consideration:
• Artists must reside in Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware.
• Artwork can be in any medium. (Please note special instructions for video work below*)
• The “emerging artist” is an artist that has established a style of working and creates professional work, yet does not have gallery representation
• Eligible artists cannot be employees or family of employees at Delaware County Community College
• Only recent work created within the last three (3) years is eligible (created between 2017 - 2020)
• Work that has been previously exhibited at the College is ineligible
• Because this is a virtual exhibition, work must be documented/photographed in the form it is to be exhibited.
• Submissions chosen to be included in the exhibition are at the discretion of the juror, and not all submissions will be chosen to be displayed
• Work that is altered in any way or substituted after being chosen for the exhibition will be ineligible (the photo of your artwork that you submit is the way you intend it to be displayed)
- Submit up to three (3) pieces of artwork through the entry form below by Sunday, January 3, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Upload at least one (1) image of the piece being submitted and name the file accordingly. You have the option to upload one (1) additional image if needed.
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format and meet the guidelines below:
• 100 dpi resolution minimum
• image file must be no larger than 10 inches in width or height
• maximum of 2 MB in file size
• file name = lastname_title.jpg
• positioned to be viewed upright
* For video pieces: Upload a still from the video and include a link to the full video in the submission form.
- An automatic entry confirmation will be sent to the email provided upon submission.
- Work will be juried and artists will be notified by Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
- Further details will be provided upon acceptance into the exhibition.
Please email Caitlin Flaherty, the College’s Supervisor of Arts Administration.