Transfer to a Four-Year Institution
Want to learn more about your transfer options? Use TransferCheck to view the pathways to a four-year college and university degree.
See more tips at dccc.edu/transfer-tips
Delaware County Community College provides one of the most affordable ways to start a post-secondary education. Among the many benefits of attending the College is the range of transfer agreements to four-year institutions to continue the pursuit of higher learning. Visit the Transfer Agreements page to learn about the specific types of agreements available.
In addition to the range of transfer agreements between the College and four-year institutions, the Transfer Office works with four-year institutions to provide scholarships that assist with the cost of college.
Here are several scholarship options that a Transfer Office advisor would help with:
- The TAAC (Transfer Admissions and Advising Scholarship) Hailey King Memorial Scholarship: TAAC offers a $1000 merit based scholarship to students who complete the associate degree prior to transferring to a four-year institution. April 30, 2024 is the application deadline.
- Neumann University Full-Ride Scholarship: This scholarship will be awarded to one to two students completing an associate degree at the College prior to transferring to Neumann University in fall 2024.
- Penn State Raise Me Transfer Scholarship
- Drexel University: The Drexel Promise offers 50% tuition reduction for students transferring from the College with an associate degree.
- Rosemont College: 50% tuition reduction with an associate degree for the accelerated online degree programs or the on-campus undergraduate programs.
Feedback from four-year institutions has stated that Delaware County Community College students are more successful at completing their bachelor’s degrees than students who enter as freshmen.
The Transfer Office provides individual advising sessions to assist with how to:
- Enroll in dual admission/guaranteed admissions programs.
- Determine which college or university will best meet the needs of the student.
- Determine if there are scholarships available for a successful transfer.
- Create an academic plan so that transfer requirements for a selected institution are met.
New students are encouraged to contact the Transfer Office as soon as they start classes to ensure quick progression through the appropriate transfer program and easy transition to the four-year college or university of choice.
In addition to individual counseling sessions, the Transfer Office provides workshops, informative events, and online resources. Visit the College calendar of transfer events for more information.