Widener University Radiologic Technology Advising Guide
Widener University. A.S. in Allied Health Radiologic Technology
In the Radiologic Technology program, students will attend prerequisite and liberal arts courses online through Widener, and complete the program's core classes and clinical training in radiologic technology at Crozer and its clinical affiliates. Crozer is the hospital located a few blocks from Widener's main campus. The goal of the program is to prepare students for a career in diagnostic radiology in a hospital, private practice, public health, or military setting. Students will graduate ready to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certificate exam.
- The Widener/Crozer Radiologic Technology program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) under the guidelines of the U.S. Department of Education.
- Program core courses and clinical instruction runs full-time, year-round for 24 consecutive months.
- The clinical cohorts begin every July and January. The application deadline for the July cohort is February 15th, and the application deadline for the January cohort is August 1st.
- Generally, students will meet from 8:00am to 4:00pm, with exceptions pertaining to evening clinical rotations towards the end of the program. • Integration of didactic and clinical training begins on the first day of clinicals with over 2,000 total hours from experienced professionals.
- The program has existing partnerships with Bloomsburg University, Immaculata University and Gwynedd Mercy University.
|Minimum Overall GPA||2.50|
PRE-REQUISITE COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
|DCCC COURSE EQUIVALENT||WIDENER COURSE CODE||WIDENER COURSE NAME||CREDITS||MINIMUM GRADE||NOTES|
|ENG 100||UENG 101||Reading, Thinking & Writing||3||C or higher|
|HUMANITIES||HUMANITIES||One course of any humanities courses at any level||3||C or higher||Ex. Philosophy, Literature, History, Art History, Language
*COMM courses do NOT transfer to Widener as Humanities courses
|MAT 120||UMAT 115||Conceptual Mathematics||3||C or higher|
|PSY 140 or
|UPSY 105 or
|Introduction to Psychology or
Introduction to Sociology
|3||C or higher||
Students may apply to the Associate of Science in Allied Health: Radiologic Technology (UAS.ALHR) by completing the following requirements:
- An online application: go.widener.edu/apply
o Create user name and password
o Start a new application - “Continuing Studies” application
o Complete personal background information
o Select Degree of Interest: → Associates → “Crozer Radiologic Technology”
o Complete academic, employment, recommendations information, sign and SUBMIT
o Re-visit application to confirm outstanding documents
- High school transcripts
- All baccalaureate official transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- Technical Standards form
- Interview with Program Director (if invited)
ADDITIONAL PRE-CLINICAL REQUIREMENTS
If selected for the program, all candidates must complete the following.
- FBI fingerprint/criminal background check/child abuse clearances
- Physical and drug clearance