For up-to-date COVID-19 protocols, including Health and Safety Guidelines for Summer/Fall 2022, visit dccc.edu/coronavirus.
Southern New Hampshire University Articulation Agreement
Southern New Hampshire University – College of Online and Continuing Education and Pennsylvania Community Colleges
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) and Pennsylvania Community Colleges, in the spirit of academic cooperation, and in order to facilitate the transfer of graduates of Pennsylvania Community Colleges to Southern New Hampshire University - College of Online and Continuing Education (SNHU-COCE), hereby do enter into an academic articulation agreement. Successful implementation of the Agreement is dependent upon communication of its content to all involved participants and the assumption of responsibility by both institutions for such communications.
II. TRANSFERIBILITY OF CREDITS
- As SNHU is regionally accredited, all academic course work in which a student has earned a grade of “C-” or higher will be considered for transfer on a case by case basis. Up to 90 credits may be accepted in transfer toward a bachelor degree program after careful review.
- Any students enrolling at SNHU College of Online and Continuing Education may transfer up to 90 hours for a bachelor's with unlimited CLEP, DANTES and Excelsior, military training (based upon a transcript from the American Council on Education (ACE), College Credit Recommendation Service or Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcript) and ACE or National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) credits - providing students meet residency requirements. Transfer credit is awarded based on degree program requirements. Residency requirements equate to 30 credit hours or ten classes.
- Because of this agreement to articulate, and provided the individual identifies Pennsylvania Community Colleges on his or her application form, eligible graduates, employees and the immediate family of employees (spouses, domestic partners, children, siblings and parents) will receive a ten (10%) percent tuition reduction in Southern New Hampshire University - College of Online and Continuing Education, applicable as of the date this Agreement is fully executed by the parties below. In addition, those eligible graduates, employees and immediate family of employees who enroll in Southern New Hampshire University’s online program will receive a waiver of the application fee normally required by Southern New Hampshire University - College of Online and Continuing Education. No application fee waiver, tuition credit or refund shall be made retroactively for any eligible employee, their family member or alumnus already enrolled at SNHU College of Online and Continuing Education on the date of execution of this Agreement; however, the tuition reduction shall be applied to such eligible employees, their family members or graduates for course enrollments following the execution of this Agreement. Programs offered at military tuition assistance levels are not subject to this reduction. Pennsylvania Community Colleges employees, their family members and graduates must inform SNHU College of Online and Continuing Education admissions representatives about their affiliation to receive their tuition reduction. SNHU College of Online and Continuing Education may change its tuition rates at any time at its sole discretion and the reduction will be calculated based on the current tuition in effect for the applicable academic term for the enrolled program. Eligible employees and alumni shall not be entitled to any other reduction and are subject to all other admission and continuation requirements as set forth in the respective Southern New Hampshire University policies and catalogs.
- Southern New Hampshire University - College of Online and Continuing Education agrees to provide Pennsylvania Community Colleges, at their request, an annual update of student enrollment, to include general data on how many students have transferred to SNHU College of Online and Continuing Education.
- This Agreement is effective as of the date of the fully executed document, and shall continue until terminated. Both parties must approve amendments to the Agreement in writing. Either party may terminate the Agreement without cause upon 90 days written notice to the other party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may terminate the Agreement immediately in the event that participation under the Agreement may give rise to a violation of any requirement of federal or state law or regulation or the requirements of any accrediting agency having jurisdiction.
- Admission criteria, academic requirements, and other admission requirements will be subject to the applicable academic catalog accessed thru snhu.edu at the time of the students’ admission. Students who have begun their SNHU program of study or students in the process of enrolling prior to the effective date of any without cause termination will be grandfathered in to continue receiving the discount offered in this Agreement until such time such students complete or discontinue enrollment in their program.
- Transferability of third party course work will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- This Articulation Agreement is based on the current curriculum of both educational institutions. Each institution is responsible for notifying the other of any substantive changes to the curriculum.
- Specific transfer pathways will be created with an addendum to this agreement.
- The parties grant to each other a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use each other’s trademarks and service marks in furtherance of the articulation coordination detailed herein or in a manner solely for the purpose of identifying and communicating the existence of the relationship to Pennsylvania Community College’s students and alumni. Use of trademarks, service marks and logos will comply with use policies of the originating institution. The parties shall discontinue the use of the licensed marks and return any and all files and materials containing the licensed marks supplied by the owner at termination or expiration of the Agreement. Neither party grants to the other any interest in the other party’s trademarks. Should either originating institution request, in writing, that a particular use of the originating institution's trademarks and/or service marks be discontinued, the non-originating institution shall cease and desist such use of the trademarks and/or service marks.
- Pennsylvania Community Colleges agrees to notify students of transfer opportunities to SNHU College of Online and Continuing Education, to collaborate with SNHU College of Online and Continuing Education on other forms of transfer communication and to host SNHU representatives on campus for recruitment activities during the academic school year.
- The parties hereto will have the relationship of independent contractors for all purposes. Each will have complete control over its own performance and the details for accomplishing its own obligations under this Agreement. In no event will the agents, representatives or employees of one party be deemed to be agents, representatives or employees of the other.
- This Agreement may be executed by a duly authorized representative of each party, either by electronic or facsimile transmission, each of which will be considered an original.
IV. CONTACTS FOR COORDINATION:
Delaware County Community College
Assistant Director, Academic Alliances
Southern New Hampshire University
College of Online and Continuing Education
1230 Elm Street Manchester, NH 01303