Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts Transfer Agreement
Articulation Agreement Between
The Pennsylvania Academy of the Arts and
Delaware County Community College
Scope of the Agreement
The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA) is pleased to partner with Delaware County Community College (DCCC) in this Articulation Agreement to ease the transition of fine arts transfer students from the College to the Academy. The current agreement will expire three (3) years from the signing date so that curriculum and other updates can be made in an orderly and planned fashion.
Requirements/Conditions for Transferring to PAFA
- DCCC students may transfer into the BFA program. Students may not transfer into the PAFA/PENN BFA program.
- Only graduates of the Associate in Fine Arts in Studio Arts will be considered for transfer admission. Any courses completed outside of DCCC will need to be evaluated individually by PAFA for transferability.
- Students are encouraged to complete the Intent to Enroll form with a transfer advisor before completing 45 college transferable credits.
- International students are eligible for transfer provided that they meet the TOEFL or IELTS requirements for all students transferring to PAFA.
- A maximum of 63 fine arts and/or liberal arts courses can be transferred to the PAFA programs listed above.
- A grade of “C” or better is required in each course.
- Students must submit a portfolio representative of their work in each fine arts course. The portfolio acts as a visual transcript that helps PAFA faculty determine the level of skill achieved in the course.
- Students should submit a second portfolio – broader in scope and including work not related to classroom instruction – to support their request for scholarship aid.
- The PAFA application fee is waived.
- Students transferring from DCCC are eligible for the Community Connection scholarship. Students must attend PAFA full-time to receive this scholarship. The scholarship is renewable each semester until degree requirements are complete as long as the student maintains a 3.0 GPA and is enrolled full time.
- Students must complete the PAFA application by February 15 in the Spring semester prior to Fall enrollment.
Transferability of Credits
The table attached illustrates the one-to-one correlations between courses at DCCC and at PAFA. It is PAFA’s intention to automatically transfer each of the DCCC studio art courses listed in Addendum A, unless the Admissions Committee feels, based on its review of a portfolio, that the necessary skill level was not attained in a given course. In these cases, some course credit will not be transferred, and the student will not be able to skip that course equivalent at PAFA.
In the case of a significant curriculum change at either institution, the current agreement will be reassessed. Should this Agreement be terminated, it is understood that students already accepted to PAFA through the effective date of termination will continue to receive the benefits articulated in the original terms of the Agreement.
Signatures on file in the Transfer Office
Associate in Fine Arts to Bachelor of Fine Arts
Delaware County Community College Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
|First Semester||First Semester|
|ENG 100||English Composition I||3||Language & Literature||3|
|ART 130||Drawing I||3||
|ART 122||Two Dimensional Design||3||Studio Elective||1.5-3|
|ART 110||ART from the Ancient World through the Middle Ages||3||AH 101A||Intro to Art History I *Art History and Criticism (1.5) if Art 104 is also completed||1.5|
|ART 124||Three Dimensional Design||3||Studio Elective||1.5-3|
|Second Semester||Second Semester|
|ART 140||Painting I||3||PT 110||
Still Life Painting
|ART 131||Drawing II||3||DR 111||
|ART 123||Color and Design||3||PT 102||Basic Color||1.5|
|ART 111||Art from the Renaissance through Contemporary Times||3||AH 102||Intro to Art History II *Art History & Criticism (1.5) if Art 103 is also completed||1.5|
|Any transferable Diversity and Social Justice SOC course||3||History, Culture, & Social Science||3|
|ART 141||Painting II||3||Painting Elective||3|
|MAT 120||Modern College Mathematics||3||Science & Quantitative Thinking||3|
|ART 211||Digital Imaging||3||PR 215||
|ART 142||Life Drawing||3||DR 100||Life Drawing Parts 1 & 2||1.5+1.5|
|Choose from ART elective below1||3||Art History & Criticism||3|
|Fourth Semester||Fourth Semester|
|COMM 111||Public Speaking||3||Not transferrable||0|
|ART 233||Portfolio Presentation||3||Not transferrable||0|
|ART 145||Watercolor Painting||3||Drawing & Painting Elective||3|
|ART 144||Figure Painting||3||PT 100||Life Painting||4|
|Any Scientific Inquiry course||4||Science & Quantitative Thinking||3|
|Total Credits||61||Total Credits||47.5-49.5|
1. Choose from ART 112, 115, 116, 203