Your safety is our top priority. Please visit dccc.edu/coronavirus to access resources and information to help support student success during the pandemic.
Gwynedd Mercy University Dual Admission Agreement
Dual Admissions Agreement
Delaware County Community College and Gwynedd Mercy University
Delaware County Community College (DCCC) and Gwynedd Mercy University enter into this articulation agreement for a Dual Admission Transfer Agreement to facilitate the transfer of DCCC students to Gwynedd Mercy University. The academic guidelines apply to both full-time and part-time undergraduate students. This new articulation supersedes the agreement signed in 2015.
Under the Dual Admission Transfer Agreement, DCCC students will be guaranteed admission into Gwynedd Mercy University with third year (junior) status at Gwynedd Mercy University on the condition that they:
- Graduate from DCCC with the appropriate A.A., A.S., or A.A.S. degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (or higher for certain majors*); Please see Appendix A for the designated programs included in this agreement.
- Enroll at Gwynedd Mercy University within one year of DCCC graduation;
- Do not attend another institution of higher education between graduation from DCCC and enrollment at Gwynedd Mercy University;
- Complete a Dual Admission "Intent to Enroll" form at the time of admission to DCCC, or no later than completion of 30 college transferable credits from all colleges/universities attended;
- Submit the Gwynedd Mercy University application for admission and satisfy all other regular Gwynedd Mercy University admissions requirements. International students must provide any additional documentation required for Immigration Status, English Language proficiency, financial support/responsibilities or other necessary paperwork required;
- Receive a grade of"C" or better in courses required for the degree. A grade higher than a "C" may be required in the major concentration by certain majors.** Only grades with a "C" or higher will transfer to Gwynedd Mercy University; and
- Agree to complete at least 50% oftheir major concentration courses at the University. Depending on the major program, a minimum of 45-50 credits must be completed at Gwynedd Mercy University. Students transferring into Business majors are required to complete a minimum of 45 credits at Gwynedd Mercy University. Students transferring into Arts & Sciences and Education majors are required to complete a minimum of 50 credits at Gwynedd Mercy University. Students should be aware that not all credits accrued will be applied towards their degree at Gwynedd Mercy University. DCCC students should meet with a DCCC transfer advisor early in their program of study to avoid loss of credits.
* Certain majors may require higher GPAs (for example, Education).
** Education courses must be C+ or higher to accept in transfer.
A full-time student admitted with third year (junior) status to Gwynedd Mercy University may be able to complete a Bachelor's degree within four regular semesters provided the student completes the appropriate Associate Degree program at DCCC and completes and appropriately sequences his/her remaining course work at Gwynedd Mercy University. In certain transfer situations, the degree work may take longer.
Gwynedd Mercy University agrees to accept appropriate General Education courses embedded in the DCCC Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.), and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees as meeting General Education, major courses requirements, and/or elective requirements, except for the two Signature Seminars and the Senior Capstone Course, which must be completed at Gwynedd Mercy University.
FYE1000/1001 at Gwynedd Mercy University are fulfilled by elective courses from DCCC. All students transferring to Gwynedd Mercy University can complete two of the three Philosophy/Religion courses at DCCC and MUST complete a minimum of one (1) Philosophy or (1) Religion from 200-level or above course at Gwynedd Mercy University.
To facilitate the transfer of DCCC graduates to Gwynedd Mercy University in accordance with the foregoing guarantee, the parties agree to the following:
Obligations of Gwynedd Mercy University:
- To invite DCCC students to an informational meeting with Gwynedd Mercy University faculty and staff on a regular basis at both DCCC and Gwynedd Mercy University in order to facilitate smooth cunicular and co-curricular integration to Gwynedd Mercy University.
- To send a Gwynedd Mercy University letter of admission to all DCCC students who complete a "Dual Admission Intent to Enroll" form and Gwynedd Mercy University application in accordance with the expectations stated in this agreement. Application deadlines can be found on the Gwynedd Mercy University website. This offer of admission is typically sent the semester before the students plan to matriculate. Students must confirm their intention to matriculate at Gwynedd Mercy University by submiuing a deposit by May 1st for the fall semester, and by December 1st for the spring semester, and satisfy all other regular Gwynedd Mercy University admissions requirements. DCCC students who complete a "Dual Admission Intent to Enroll" form will be govemed by the Gwynedd Mercy University degree requirements in effect at the time of signing the "Dual Admission Intent to Enroll" form.
- To award academic scholarships to all qualified students admitted to Gwynedd Mercy University pursuant to this Agreement. Full-time students at Gwynedd Mercy University (enrolled in 12 or more credits a semester) with a 2.50 - 2.99 final DCCC GPA will receive a minimum of $8,500 scholarship. Full-time students with a 3.00 - 3.49 final DCCC GPA will receive a minimum of $10,000 scholarship. Full-time students with a 3.5 - 4.0 will receive a minimum of $15,000 scholarship. All scholarships are renewable for 3 years if initial award GPA requirement is maintained. Gwynedd Mercy university also offers a Phi Theta Kappa $2,000 scholarship for eligible full-time transfer students (renewable for 3 years). Students must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA to remain in good standing for the Phi Theta Kappa scholarship. Students are also eligible for need-based financial aid and other types of financial aid. DCCC students admitted under the agreement will receive full consideration for all Gwynedd Mercy University financial aid.
- To ensure these students will be provided with Gwynedd Mercy University financial aid information and receive full consideration for Gwynedd Mercy University financial aid upon matriculation at Gwynedd Mercy University.
- To continue working with DCCC on advising guides that specify for DCCC transfer students the DCCC courses that satisfr major requirements needed for degree completion at Gwynedd Mercy University.
Obligations of Delaware County Community College:
To publicize this Agreement to prospective students in its promotional literature, to make special arrangements for Gwynedd Mercy University recruiters and advisors to visit DCCC, and to inform qualified students matriculating at DCCC of the opportunity for Dual Admission and transfer to Gwynedd Mercy University under the terms of this Agreement.
- To consult with each other through appropriate channels prior to implementing major changes in policy or curricula that directly affect students transferring under the terms of this Agreement and keep each other informed of any other changes of policy or curricula that affect those students. Both Gwynedd Mercy University and DCCC will review this Agreement annually and make any changes upon mutual agreement, as needed. Such changes will become effective when both DCCC and Gwynedd Mercy University sign the revised document.
- To collaborate in providing students with information and academic advising about this agreement, Gwynedd Mercy University's academic requirements, and the process of transferring to the University.
- To develop and implement advertising and promotional efforts to communicate the benefits of Dual Admission transfer.
- To designate a representative or representatives who will coordinate the Dual Admission Agreement between the two institutions.
- To exchange data and documents annually that will contribute to the maintenance and improvement of this Dual Admission agreement, enhance the transfer process, and promote eflective cooperation between institutions. The institution(s) will exchange data only after obtaining appropriate permission from the students as indicated on the Dual Admission Intent to Enroll form.
- To facilitate and support consultation and collaboration between their faculties related to this Agreement, General Education, degree requirements, and other academic matters.
Revision, Renewal, and Termination of this Agreement
The Gwynedd Mercy University and DCCC designates are responsible for identifying and communicating changes in the policies or requirements oftheir respective institutions that affect this Agreement.
This Agreement will be in effect as of the date of its signing, for students entering Gwynedd Mercy University on or after January 2018. It will be reviewed annually by the appropriate parties at each institution, and will be renewed automatically until superseded by a new Agreement or formally terminated. Either institution may terminate this Agreement at any time by written notice at least one year in advance of the effective date of termination. Should this Agreement be terminated, it is understood that the termination will not apply to students already accepted to Gwynedd Mercy University under the terms of this Agreement.
Signature on File in the Transfer Office
The following Delaware County Community College Associate Degree programs are included in this agreement:
- Delaware County Community College Accounting AAS to Gwynedd Mercy University BS Accounting (Non-Certified Public Account)
- Delaware County Community College Administration of Justice AA to Gwynedd Mercy University BS Criminal Justice
- Delaware County Community College Business Administration AS to Gwynedd Mercy University BS Marketing
- Delaware County Community College Business Administration AS to Gwynedd Mercy University BS Sports Management
- Delaware County Community College Early Childhood Education AA to BS Early Education PreK-4
- Delaware County Community College Early Childhood Education AA to BS Early Special Education with Pre-K to 8 Special Education Certification
- Delaware County Community College English AA to Gwynedd Mercy University BA English
- Delaware County Community College History AA to Gwynedd Mercy University BA History
- Delaware County Community College Psychology AS to Gwynedd Mercy University BA/BS Psychology
- Delaware County Community College Social Work AA to Gwynedd Mercy University BA/BS Human Services
- Delaware County Community College Social Work AA to Gwynedd Mercy University BSW Social Work
Additional programs may be added as articulations are approved.
Revised January 2018