A.A. in Political Science to B.A. in Political Science
ASSOCIATE IN ARTS DEGREE IN POLITICAL SCIENCE at
DELAWARE COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE to
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN POLITICAL SCIENCE at
TEMPLE UNIVERSITY of the COMMONWEALTH SYSTEM OF HIGHER EDUCATION
(Effective Fall 2021)
Delaware County Community College (DCCC) and Temple University (Temple) enter into this agreement in order to facilitate the transfer of students who have earned the Associate in Arts degree in Political Science at DCCC into Temple’s Bachelor of Arts in Political Science program.
Once students transfer to Temple University they shall be able to complete the Bachelor of Arts in Political Science within four (4) regular semesters of full-time enrollment, assuming that no remedial or repeated courses are needed, that the recommended courses are successfully completed, and all applicable Temple grade and other requirements are met to the satisfaction of Temple.
Students who complete the Delaware County Community College curriculum specified in the required course equivalencies table on page 4 of this agreement are guaranteed the transfer credit for courses as indicated in that section. Courses not listed there, but brought into Temple in transfer by a student covered by this agreement, will be granted credit according to standard Temple- Delaware County Community College equivalencies.
This agreement does not change the regular Temple policy that grants transfer credit to courses taken elsewhere only if they were completed with a grade of C or higher. Nor does this agreement waive Temple’s minimum score requirements for transfer credit through testing (Advanced Placement Tests, International Baccalaureate Exams, the College Level Examination Program, or DANTES Subject Standardized Tests). While students may transfer under this agreement, should they not meet transfer grade or score requirements, those credits will not be counted by Temple toward graduation. This may require more than four regular full-time semesters of course work to complete Temple’s program. For a detailed listing of required scores, visit https://www.temple.edu/vpus/transfer/priorlearning.html.
Students who transfer under the terms of this agreement are responsible for meeting requirements in their major field of study, and any other curricular requirements applying to all Temple students, that were in effect at Temple at the time of their admittance to Temple. These students will abide by the policies and procedures, and any revisions thereof, that apply to all Temple students.
This agreement does not cover students who transfer from Delaware County Community College to Temple without an Associate in Arts in Political Science degree.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ADMISSION TO TEMPLE
1) Students entering Temple under the terms of this agreement must meet all regular Temple admissions requirements and all applicable Temple requirements and deadlines pertaining to application for admission and payment of tuition and fees.
2) Evaluation of transfer credits is based on a student's major, and the student's Temple school/college makes the final determination of which transfer credits are applicable to the student's degree program. Transfer evaluations may change for students who change majors.
3) Because the DCCC Associate in Arts in Political Science degree covered by this program-to-program articulation agreement is also approved for GenEd-to-GenEd Transfer to Temple, students under this program agreement satisfy Temple General Education (GenEd) requirements according to the terms of the Delaware County Community College-Temple GenEd-to-GenEd Transfer agreement. Their GenEd requirements are met by receipt of the Delaware County Community College A.A. in Political Science degree.
4) Temple University requires that all undergraduate degree candidates complete 45 hours of the last 60 hours of the degree or program as matriculated students at Temple University. If a matriculated student previously took Temple courses on a non-matriculated basis, those courses are counted towards this requirement.
JOINT RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MAINTENANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT
Delaware County Community College will maintain and distribute information about the current form of this agreement, and any changes relevant to it, to students, counselors, faculty and advisors.
Temple University's College of Liberal Arts will keep appropriate Temple offices and staff (including the Office of Undergraduate Studies and the Undergraduate Admission Office) informed of this agreement and any modifications thereto, and will be responsible for distributing information concerning any changes.
Both institutions will encourage Delaware County Community College students to meet with representatives of Temple University to discuss issues related to admissions and financial aid well in advance of their expected date of entry.
Temple University and Delaware County Community College will collaborate when possible on research activities that will help assess the effectiveness of this transfer program in meeting the needs of students transferring from Delaware County Community College to Temple University.
REVISION, RENEWAL AND TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT
Temple University’s College of Liberal Arts and the Transfer Office at Delaware County Community College are responsible for identifying, and communicating to each other, changes in their respective courses, requirements, or policies that affect this agreement.
This agreement will be in effect as of the Fall 2021 Semester and will be reviewed annually by Temple University College of Liberal Arts and the Transfer Office at Delaware County Community College and will automatically be renewed until superseded by a new agreement, addendum, or formal termination. Revisions in the course equivalency lists may be made with the verbal consent of the representatives of the two schools; major revisions to this agreement require their signatures on a letter of agreement or a revised version of the agreement. All revisions, however, require that documentation is sent and approved by the Office of Undergraduate Studies at Temple University to ensure that updates are made to the appropriate systems in order to effectively implement this agreement. Either institution may terminate this agreement at any time by written notice at least one year in advance of the effective date of termination. Should this agreement be terminated, it is understood that the termination will not apply to students already accepted to Temple University under the terms of this agreement, but not yet enrolled in classes at Temple.
Delaware County Community College and Temple University understand that they shall act in an independent capacity in the performance of this agreement, and shall not be considered as employees, agents, affiliates, or subsidiaries of each other. Neither Temple nor Delaware County Community College have the right to bind or obligate one another in any manner inconsistent with or unrelated to this agreement. This agreement is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
SIGNATURES ON FILE IN THE TRANSFER OFFICE
|Associate in Arts in Political Science (Note 1) at
Delaware County Community College to the
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science at Temple University
(Effective Fall 2021)
|Delaware County Community College Recommended Course||Temple University Equivalent|
|ENG 100||English Composition I||3||ENG 0802||Analytical Reading & Writing|
|POL 110||Introduction to Political Science||3||POLS L***||Lower-level POLS elective|
|POL 120||American National Government||3||POLS 1101||American Political System|
|MAT 120 or
MAT 121 or
MAT 151 or
MAT 152 or
Modern College Mathematics or
|Lower-level MATH elective
|History elective||3||Dependent on course selection (Note 4)|
|ENG 112||English Composition II: Writing About Literature||3||ENG L***||Lower-level ENG elective|
|COMM 111||Public Speaking||3||CSI 1111||Public Speaking|
|POL 130||American State and Local Government||3||POLS 2102||American State and Local Government|
|DPR 100 or
|Introduction to Information Technology or
Introduction to Computer Science
|3||CIS L***||Lower-level CIS elective|
|Any transferable Scientific Inquiry (SI) designated science course||4||Dependent upon course selection (Note 4)|
|POL 200||World Affairs||3||POLS 1301||International Politics|
|Foreign Language elective (Note 3)||3||Dependent upon course selection (Note 4)|
|Social Science elective||3||Dependent upon course selection (Note 4)|
|Humanities elective||3||Dependent upon course selection (Note 4)|
|Any 200-level Political Science course||3||Dependent upon course selection (Note 4)|
|Total Credits Taken||60-62|
NOTES: The Political Science major at Temple University consists of 33 credits. Per the CLA Residency Requirement, students must complete at least half of major requirements at Temple University.
1) Students who transfer to Temple with an A.A. in Political Science have satisfied the terms of the Temple-DCCC GenEd-to-GenEd transfer agreement and have completed the General Education requirements necessary to graduate from Temple University.
2) The College of Liberal Arts at Temple University requires all students to complete at least two levels of a foreign language. A 101 level foreign language course at DCCC will partially fulfill this requirement.
3) The College of Liberal Arts at Temple University requires all students to complete at least two levels of a foreign language. A 102 level foreign language course at DCCC will satisfy this requirement.
4) To see how courses might transfer, consult Temple’s Transfer Equivalency Tool. Courses not included in the transfer tool may transfer.