Face masks are required in all indoor facilities regardless of vaccination status. Effective January 1, 2022, proof of vaccination will be required for students, employees and visitors. Visit dccc.edu/vaccine-info for additional information.
Women In STEM
STEM encompasses the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics and boasts one of the fastest-growing, highest-paying job sectors in the U.S.
Delaware County Community College is a leader in STEM education
Not only is the College considered a leader in the STEM fields, but we’ve also made major investments in STEM education.
- The College features a brand-new $60 million STEM Complex, comprised of the high-tech STEM Center and the Advanced Technology Center
- The Centers house 11 science laboratories and 12 specialized laboratories for customized education and hands-on training
- Students can choose from 26 STEM associate degree and certificate programs
- Our professors have the expertise to prepare you for a rewarding and profitable career
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, STEM-related job openings are projected to grow by 17 percent through 2018.
That’s nearly twice the rate of all other job fields.
Kelly Reid, Alumna
“If STEM is a field you want to pursue, keep going and don’t let anyone discourage you...you can be a role model for the other females to come.”
- Earned an Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Currently in Drexel University’s Engineering Technology Program
- Worked as a Product Development Engineer at Synthes, interned at Acero Precision
- Received Scholarships from Boeing and the Society of Manufacturing Engineers
Jawanda Jackson, Alumna
“I’ve been fascinated by construction and architecture since I was a little girl, but thought the math and science would be too difficult. But I realized that, at the end of the day, you need to enjoy what you do and anything worth having is worth the effort.”
- Earned an Associate Degree in Architectural Engineering
- Currently studying Regional Planning at Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Ronald McNair Scholar
Women In STEM Club
Women In STEM or WiSTEM is a club open to ALL students interested and/or enrolled in STEM fields. Check back for the meeting schedule for the spring semester. Please join us - no prior registration is required and all are welcome! Contact: Prof. Sandra Devenny.
Discover an exhilarating career and change the world
Find a career that sparks your interest in....