Women In STEM
STEM encompasses the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics and boasts one of the fastest-growing, highest-paying job sectors in the U.S.
Delaware County Community College is a leader in STEM education
Not only is the College considered a leader in the STEM fields, but we’ve also made major investments in STEM education.
- The College features a brand-new $60 million STEM Complex, comprised of the high-tech STEM Center and the Advanced Technology Center
- The Centers house 11 science laboratories and 12 specialized laboratories for customized education and hands-on training
- Students can choose from 26 STEM associate degree and certificate programs
- Our professors have the expertise to prepare you for a rewarding and profitable career
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, STEM-related job openings are projected to grow by 17 percent through 2018.
That’s nearly twice the rate of all other job fields.
Kelly Reid, Alumna
“If STEM is a field you want to pursue, keep going and don’t let anyone discourage you...you can be a role model for the other females to come.”
- Earned an Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Currently in Drexel University’s Engineering Technology Program
- Worked as a Product Development Engineer at Synthes, interned at Acero Precision
- Received Scholarships from Boeing and the Society of Manufacturing Engineers
Jawanda Jackson, Alumna
“I’ve been fascinated by construction and architecture since I was a little girl, but thought the math and science would be too difficult. But I realized that, at the end of the day, you need to enjoy what you do and anything worth having is worth the effort.”
- Earned an Associate Degree in Architectural Engineering
- Currently studying Regional Planning at Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Ronald McNair Scholar
Women In STEM Club
Women In STEM or WiSTEM is a club open to ALL students interested and/or enrolled in STEM fields. Check back for the meeting schedule for the spring semester. Please join us - no prior registration is required and all are welcome! Contact: Prof. Sandra Devenny.
Delaware County Community College, in partnership with the American Association of University Women (AAUW), Eastern Delaware County Branch, hosted the 2019 STEM Scholar Recognition Awards. The award recognizes the achievement of freshman high school girls who are selected by their respective faculties for excellence in Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Mathematics and who express an interest in a STEM career.
Congratulations to the 2019 STEM Scholar Recognition Award Recipients.
Discover an exhilarating career and change the world
Find a career that sparks your interest in....