Discover a Career in Culinary Arts
Whether you're starting a new career in the food service industry or are looking to sharpen your cooking skills, Delaware County Community College's Culinary Arts certificate and associate degree programs can help you reach your goals.
Through a combination of academic courses, hands-on training and an optional intern- or externship, you'll learn about various food products, cooking methods and presentation techniques. You’ll also learn how to make a range of ethnic and regional cuisines, apply good nutrition principles, and demonstrate safe food handling practices. Plus, you’ll learn the current industry standard for planning, operation and record keeping in a restaurant, catering, or food service operation. Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared to seek employment in a wide variety of commercial and non-commercial food service operations.
The hands-on classes are held at one of the locations below, while the academic classes are provided at the Marple Campus. Get started at a location near you:
- Delaware County: St. Luke Greek Orthodox Church (35 N. Malin Road, Broomall, PA 19008)
- Chester County: Brandywine Center (Technical College High School,443-455 Boot Road, Downingtown, PA 19355)
Enjoy a Comprehensive Curriculum & Flexible Schedule
- Culinary Arts Certificate Program Details
- Culinary Arts Associate Degree Program Details
- Non-Credit Certificate Program
For more information, call 610-359-5278.
Business, Computing & Social Science
Culinary Arts falls under the Business, Computing & Social Science division at the College.