Your safety is our top priority. Please visit dccc.edu/coronavirus to access resources and information to help support student success during the pandemic.
Allied Health, Emergency Services & Nursing
901 South Media Line Road
Media, PA 19063-1094
Room Number: 3177
Phone: (610) 359-5256
LICENSE: CRNP: Pennsylvania (active); New Jersey (inactive); RN: Pennsylvania (active); Delaware (active); New Jersey (inactive). CERTIFICATIONS: Certified Nurse Educator; Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner. EDUCATION: 2009 - PhD Nursing, Widener University, Chester, PA; 2004 - Post-Master’s Certificate in Nursing Administration, Villanova University; 1998 - M.S.N., Gwynedd Mercy College; 1975 - B.S.N., Villanova University. PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS: Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society; Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society; American Academy of Nurse Practitioners; American College of Nurse Practitioners.
- CURRENT RESEARCH: Success of Readmitted Students in an Associate Degree Nursing Program. Santarlasci, PR.
- RESEARCH: The relationships among pain, functional ability, depression, and social support with coping and return to work for persons who have sustained a lower extremity amputation. Santarlasci, PR. (2009); Total elbow arthroplasty in the patient with traumatic arthritis and a nerve injury. Bednar, JM, Osterman, AL, Culp, R, and Santarlasci, PR. (1998).
- PUBLICATIONS: Bednar, J.M., Santarlasci, P.R. (1999). First extensor compartment release and retinacular sheath reconstruction for de Quervain’s tenosynovitis. Atlas of the Hand Clinics, 4, 39-54, 1999. Santarlasci, P.R. (2000). Common wrist injuries: treatment and prevention. Nursing Spectrum, 9, 14-15. Santarlasci, PR. (2000). Treating recreational athletes and their injuries. Advance for Nurse Practitioners, 8, 42-46.
- PRESENTATIONS: Santarlasci, PR. Evaluation of Ear, Nose and Throat Complaints in Young Adults. Southeastern Pennsylvania College Health Nurses Association, November 6, 2010. Santarlasci, PR. Student Readmission and Retention in an Associate Degree Nursing Program. Delaware County Community College Faculty Poster Presentations, April, 2010. Santarlasci, PR. The relationships among pain, functional ability, depression, and social support with coping and return to work for persons who have sustained a lower extremity amputation. 25th Annual Nursing Research Conference, Widener University, Chester, PA. March 13, 2009. Bednar, JM, Griffith, P., Santarlasci, P., Abboudi, J. Subfascial ulnar nerve transposition. Poster presentation, 55th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Seattle, WA, October 5-7, 2000. Bednar, JM, Santarlasci, P, Abboudi, J. Sub-fascial ulnar nerve transposition: A new procedure? Podium presentation, Jefferson Hand Club, Philadelphia, PA, October 30, 1999. Evaluation of Wrist Injuries in Primary Care. Poster presentation, 1999 American Academy of Nurse Practitioners National Conference, Atlanta, GA, June 16-20, 1999.
- ACADEMIC CITIZENSHIP: Delaware County Community College Faculty Advisor, Student Nurses’ Club (ongoing); Member, Environmental Safety Committee; Member, Library Commons Committee; Member, Distance Learning Committee; Co-chairman, Pandemic Flu Advisory Committee (2009-2010); Member, NLN Self-study Standards committee (2006-2009); Co-chairman, Professional Development Committee (September, 2006 – September, 2008); Member, Steering Committee (September, 2006 – September 2008). Gwynedd-Mercy College Guest lecturer, Orthopedics (Spring 2001 – Present)
- COMMUNITY SERVICE: American Red Cross - Certified CPR/ First Aide/AED Instructor; American Heart Association - Certified CPR/AED Instructor; ATRAVES - Volunteer Nurse Practitioner for Health Care services and education. Managua, Nicaragua May 2009, June 2010, June 2011 and June 2012.
- GRANTS and AWARDS: 2010 Delaware County Community College Mini-grant Award; 2009 STTI Honor Society of Nursing Excellence in Research award; 2008 STTI, Eta Beta Chapter, Widener University; 2007 The Pennsylvania Higher Education Foundation, Graduate Nursing Education Grant; 2007 Dr. Barbara Chamberlain Scholarship; 2006 The Pennsylvania Higher Education Foundation, Independence Blue Cross Nurse Scholars Program; 2006 National League for Nursing Foundation for Nurse’s Education. The Promise of Nursing for Pennsylvania Regional Faculty Scholarship; 2005 The Pennsylvania Higher Education Foundation, Independence Blue Cross Nurse Scholars Program; 2005 National League for Nursing Foundation for Nurse’s Education. The Promise of Nursing for Pennsylvania Regional Faculty Scholarship.