For up-to-date COVID-19 protocols, including Health and Safety Guidelines for Summer/Fall 2022, visit dccc.edu/coronavirus.
901 S. Media Line Road
Media, PA 19063
Room Number: 1325
No matter your background, I believe every individual can succeed and excel in higher education. My passion lies in working with students from all walks of life to achieve their goals and pursue their dreams. A college degree can change your life and I intend to help you on your journey! I operate on the belief that barriers to academic success can be overcome with the right support and access to resources. My role is to guide a student through the counseling experience and provide referrals or resources as necessary.
- M.S. Higher Education Counseling, West Chester University
- B.A. African- American Studies, Temple University
I have experience in higher education working with a diverse group of students. I serve as the faculty adviser for the Gay/Straight Alliance. I conduct workshops for faculty, staff and administrators on LGBTQ issues as part of the college's Safe Space Training. I also go to area colleges and businesses to help make their environment more LGBTQ friendly. The services I provide as a counselor are: ~Career Counseling ~Transfer Counseling ~Personal/Crisis Counseling ~Academic Advising
- Barriers to academic success for African-American and LGBTQI students
- Socioeconomic status and degree attainment
- The effect of interpersonal relationships on traditional-aged college students
- Technology in education
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy