Face masks are required in all indoor facilities regardless of vaccination status. Effective January 1, 2022, proof of vaccination will be required for students, employees and visitors. Visit dccc.edu/vaccine-info for additional information.
Policy 1.1: Mission, Vision, Student Success, Culture and Values
Original Date of Issue: 3/21/79
The Mission of Delaware County Community College is to facilitate learning by providing quality educational programs and services that are student focused, accessible, comprehensive, and flexible to meet the educational needs of the diverse communities it serves. In doing so, the College will enable its students to develop themselves to the limit of their desires and capabilities, and to be successful.
Delaware County Community College will focus on student success in delivering quality, affordable, and responsive educational opportunities in a technologically rich and supportive learning environment. We will be respected as innovators and partners in meeting the education and training needs of our diverse communities and in developing our students’ potential to compete and contribute in a regional work force and in a global society.
Principle of Student Success
Student success is the alignment of College-wide policies, programs, activities, philosophies, and resources designed for pursuit and completion of students’ educational objectives, with special emphasis on traditionally under-served student populations.
Delaware County Community College Culture
Delaware County Community College culture is one that includes:
- Learning Community – We participate in a learning community which is interactive, challenging, cooperative, and dedicated to the common goal of learning.
- Cooperative and Caring Environment – We embrace a democratic and collegial attitude that encourages teamwork, inclusiveness, and mutual response.
- Friendliness – We provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Community – We work together to get the job done.
Delaware County Community College Values
We hold the following values:
- Put learning first – We commit to students and their success as our primary focus.
- Inclusiveness – We commit to an “open door” for students with varying levels of knowledge, skills, experiences, and needs.
- Diversity – We celebrate differences in the learning community in its many forms: race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, social-economic status, and religious beliefs.
- Courtesy and Respect – We demonstrate courtesy, respect, and kindness in all our interactions.
- Honesty and Trust – We build trust and commitment through honesty in interpersonal relationships.
- Continuous Improvement – We promote continuous improvement of educational programs and service to students and stakeholders.
- Quality – We encourage quality in everything we do.