What is the process for acquiring a work study position?
- Eligibility Check! Reach out to the work study coordinator to determine eligibility for Work Study Positions through DCCC. There are several ways to reach out:
- The works study coordinator will inform you of your eligibility and provide you with access to our online job board Handshake.
- You are welcome to apply to positions directly from Handshake for positions that you are interested in. You will need a resume to apply. If you need assistance with your resume, feel free to use this booklet or reach out to Lynn Blackburn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you submit your resume through handshake, it will be directed to the appropriate supervisor of the work study role. Should that supervisor like to interview you, they will reach out to you directly. Please check your DCCC email as well as any other contact numbers that you have listed on your resume regularly so that you can respond to the interview or any questions from staff members.
- Should the work study supervisor choose to hire you for an open position, you will be contacted by the Work Study Coordinator to schedule an onboarding appoint. This appointment is required to complete onboarding and payroll tasks before your first day.
- Congrats you have a new position! At the onboarding appointment with the Work Study Coordinator, you will need to bring identification documents as well as banking information. This meeting will take approximately 30-45 minutes. Students cannot work until all this paperwork is completed.
- Some work study students (depending on the type of work study and the job placement) will need to obtain background checks as required by Pennsylvania Act 153 (more information will be provided to you if needed).
- After your onboarding appointment is complete and any needed background checks are processed, you and your supervisor will receive a confirmation letter saying you are approved to work. At this point, you can begin working in your new position.
- Mandated Reporter Training will need to be completed by all Work Study Students within the first week of employment; students are paid for the time to complete this training. Information will be sent to you with your confirmation email.
- Students are expected to clock in and out of each shift in Dayforce. Timesheets are reviewed by supervisors and submitted to payroll every two weeks. A copy of the payroll schedule will be provided with your confirmation letter.