Updated COVID Protocols

Effective January 1, 2022, proof of vaccination is required for all faculty, staff and students taking on-campus classes or accessing on-campus services. More information, including specifics for prospective students and visitors, is available at dccc.edu/vaccine-info. Face masks are required in all indoor facilities.

Delaware County Community College, Serving Delaware and Chester Counties

Financial Aid Office

Image of students at a computer

Habla Español? Click here.

One of the keys to success in college is having a plan to pay for it. Applying for financial aid should be part of your plan because of the various options available to you:

  • PELL Grants (aid that does not have to be repaid)
  • PHEAA State Grants (aid that does not have to be repaid)
  • Loans (borrowed money that must be repaid with interest, but with a payment schedule that makes repayment  manageable)
  • Work-Study (part-time employment that earns you a paycheck for your educational expenses)
  • Scholarships (financial assistance that does not have to be repaid and is usually based on academic merit)

    You only need to complete one application to be considered for grants and loans. Scholarships and work-study have some additional forms, which are generally quite simple to complete. 

Applying for financial aid is easy when you follow our Step by Step Guide.  

Financial Aid Options

PELL Grants (Free Money)

PELL Grants are awarded to eligible students as determined by the Federal government on the basis of information submitted on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The FAFSA is easily completed online at www.studentaid.gov. Eligible students must enroll in a minimum of 3 credits to receive a PELL Grant and the amount is adjusted on the basis on number of credits enrolled.

Start the application process »


Delaware County Community College’s Educational Foundation offers over $300,000 in scholarships annually. Each scholarship has its own criteria for eligibility established by the donor. The application process generally begins in February with a deadline in mid-April. Notifications typically go out to students over the summer months preceding their next academic year’s enrollment. 

View scholarship opportunities »


Taking out a modest loan to help with educational expenses may be more beneficial than trying to work too many hours to make ends meet, then not being able to keep up with your school work. Most students who file the FAFSA will be offered loan money by our Financial Aid Office. You can accept the amount being offered, lower it, or decline it altogether. Under the Federal Direct Loan program, you may be offered either a subsidized loan, an unsubsidized loan, or both. 

  • A subsidized loan is one for which the Federal government pays the interest while you are in enrolled in college
  • An unsubsidized loan is one where you are required to begin paying the interest immediately, even while you are attending college
  • A PLUS loan is federal loan to the parent(s) of a student; it is not the student’s loan as are the two Direct Loans mentioned above. Parents without an adverse credit history, can borrow a PLUS Loan to pay the education expenses of a child who is a dependent student and enrolled at least half time in an eligible program at Delaware County Community College. Parents can initiate their PLUS loan application at www.studenaid.gov.

The good news is that, as long as you are enrolled in college and making satisfactory academic progress, you do not need to begin repaying your loan. Once you stop attending -- for whatever reason -- you will be required to begin repayment. However, the payment schedule is one that most students find to be manageable.

Start your FAFSA application now »


Students participating in work-study are employed part-time for up to 15 hours a week in jobs located on campus or in the local community and receive a paycheck from the College each pay period. Many Work-Study jobs provide students with experience related to their field of study. To qualify for Work-Study, students must be enrolled in at least 6 credits and be in satisfactory academic standing (minimum GPA of 2.00).

More information »

Pennsylvania State Grants and Special Programs

Pennsylvania State Grants are awarded to eligible students as determined by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania using the FAFSA, so you do not need to file a separate application for this aid. Eligible students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits with at least 3 credits in regular college-level course work (not developmental/remedial).

Fostering Independence Tuition Waiver

A waiver for tuition and mandatory fees charged by most postsecondary institutions located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for youth who are or were in foster care. This waiver applies only to charges that remain after all other gift aid (federal, state, and other scholarships or grants) have been applied to the student’s account. 

Learn more about this program »