In accordance with Governor Wolf’s November 23 directive, the College has made some operational changes, effective November 30, that will allow us to complete the fall semester safely. Visit dccc.edu/coronavirus to access more information and student resources.
Workforce & Economic Development Division
The College is a regional leader in the development and delivery of courses leading to professional certifications, certificates of competency and proficiency, and Associate in Applied Science degrees. We are proud to support employers and students in Delaware, Chester and surrounding counties with programs, degrees, and professional development courses that lead to careers in regional high priority occupations. Programs in automotive technology, carpentry, construction management and supervision, industrial production and mechanical technology, and certifications for electricians, HVAC specialists, plumbers and welders are all aligned with the workforce needs of employers in our region.
- Computer-Aided Drafting (DDTC)
- Computer-Aided Machining Lathe, Mill and EDM (CAM)
- Electro-Mechanical Technologies (ELTC)
- Industrial Production Technician (IPT)
- Manufacturing CNC (CNC)
- Manufacturing Operations (MAN)
- Process Control Technology (PCT)
- Automotive Technology I (AUT)
- Automotive Technology II (AUTC)
- Carpentry (Residential) (CPT)
- Construction Supervision (CSUP)
- Electrical (Residential) (ELT)
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration (HVA)
- Plumbing Technology (PLBC)
- Welding Technology (WLD)
Why Delaware County Community College?
32,000 sq. foot State of the art training facility
17 Certificates in high demand occupations for this region
Industry-aligned training that leads to high paying jobs with less student-loan debt
5 Degree pathways
80-85 Students participate in co-ops/ internships yearly
9 Programs with industry recognized certifications
86% Employment after completion
$625K in tuition assistance/ scholarships awarded annually**
20% Students who earn a certificate go on and earn an Associate Degree*
*Community College Review, The Benefits of Professional Certification from Your Local Community College. November 2, 2020.
** College-wide scholarship amount.