Message from the President
Congratulations for wisely choosing to attend Delaware County Community College, where your success is our highest priority. For over 40 years, the College has offered high quality, affordable, and accessible education to students in Delaware and Chester Counties.
We are a growing, vibrant, learning community, continuously improving our facilities and technologies, and employing innovative new approaches to support your success. Some recent and ongoing examples include:
• Opening of our state of the art Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Complex.
• Completing a new “Learning Commons” that incorporates library services, student research support, joint study areas, and innovative learning technologies into one, integrated resource.
• Expanding student space, study areas, and services that allow you to interact with fellow students academically, athletically, and socially.
• Adding campus locations to reach a broader population of students in Upper Darby, Downingtown and Phoenixville, and renovating existing campuses to provide a modern, technology-rich learning environment.
• Designing support services and academic pathways to more effectively focus on the areas where students need the most help in transitioning to and succeeding in a college environment.
• Helping many more of our students attend college through expanding the prudent use of financial aid.
• Providing a 100 percent tobacco-free environment at all campuses.
• Establishing Drexel at DCCC, a new program that will allow students from the College to earn a degree from Drexel without ever having to leave the College’s campus.
• Expanding the College’s dual enrollment programs to allow Delaware and Chester County high school students to earn college credit at a significantly discounted rate.
Whether your goal is to pursue a degree prior to transferring to a four-year college, obtain the skills you need to enter the workforce in your chosen occupation, advance your career, or simply learn more about the world, you will find that the College offers the outstanding faculty, facilities, and services to help you succeed…and all of this for the region’s best educational value!
Should you have any suggestions on how we may improve your experience, please e-mail me at email@example.com. On behalf of the College, welcome. I wish you great success here at Delaware County Community College.
Dr. Jerome S. Parker