Transfer into Delaware County Community College
If you are a transfer student and previously attended another regionally accredited college and would like credits transferred to the College:
1. Complete a Petition for Transfer of Credit form. Forms are also available in the Assessment Services office, Room 4260 at the Marple Campus, and at the Student Services office at other campus locations.
2. Request that the college(s) you attended send(s) an official copy of your transcript to:
Delaware County Community College
901 South Media Line Road
Media, PA 19063-1094
For Electronic Transcripts, Colleges and Universities can send transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRANSFER CREDIT POLICY:
- The College will accept coursework with grades of “D” or better from accredited institutions, but the grades for all credits selected for transfer must average at least 2.0 on a scale of 4.0.
- The acceptability of courses depends on the appropriateness of the courses to a given major, on their comparison to Delaware County Community College course competencies, and on the length of time since these course credits were earned.
- Current and former students may transfer to the College a maximum of 36 credits from other institutions towards an Associate Degree and half of the total credits required towards a certificate.
- For Paralegal programs, a maximum of 12 PLG (legal specialty) credits may be transferred in from an ABA accredited college or university
Currently enrolled Delaware County Community College students may take a course at another college and have it transferred back to the College. Please complete a pre-approval form from the Assessment Services Office to guarantee that the course you take will fulfill your Delaware County Community College course requirements. After you complete the course, have an official transcript sent to the College and complete a Petition for Transfer of Credit form.