West Chester University - A.S. in Business Administration to B.S. in Management, Accounting, Economics, Finance, or Marketing
|Delaware County Community College||West Chester University|
|First Semester||First Semester|
|ENG 100||English Composition I||3||WRT 120||Effective Writing I||3|
|DPR 100||Introduction to Information Technology||3||CSC 199||Computer Science Elective||3|
|BUS 100||Introduction to Business||3||MGT 100||Intro to Business||3|
|ACC 111||Financial Accounting||3||ACC 201||Financial Accounting||3|
|Any Diversity and Social Justice (DJ)||3||Depends on course selection||3|
|Second Semester||Second Semester|
|ENG 112||English Composition II:
Writing about Literature
|3||WRT 200||Critical Writing & Research||3|
|ECO 210||Macroeconomic Principles||3||ECO 111||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|MAT 135||Business Precalculus||3||MAT 113||Algebra and Functions||3|
|ACC 112||Managerial Accounting||3||ACC 202||Managerial Accounting||3|
|BUS 230||Principles of Marketing||3||MKT 250||Principles of Marketing||3|
|Third Semester||Third Semester|
|ECO 220||Microeconomic Principles||3||ECO 112||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|BUS 243||Legal Environment of Business||3||BLA 201||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|BUS 210||Principles of Management||3||MGT 200||Principles Of Management||3|
|BUS 130||Business Communication (1)||3||SPK 230||Business & Professional Speech||3|
|Any Scientific Inquiry (SI)||4||Depends on course selection||4|
|Fourth Semester||Fourth Semester|
|MAT 136||Business Calculus||3||MAT 143||Brief Calculus||3|
|BUS 220||Elementary Statistics||3||ECO 251||Quantitative Business Analysis I||3|
|Humanities Elective (2)||3||Depends on course selection||3|
|BUS or Open Elective||3||Depends on course selection||3|
|Science Elective (3)||3-4||Depends on course selection||3-4|
|Total Credits:||61-62||Total Credits:||61-62|
- Satisfies WCU's Speaking Emphasis requirement.
- Students should select either PHI 100 or PHI 110.
- Students can also choose from DPR 101 or DPR 104. Students not transferring to WCU with an associate degree must take a science course different from the discipline taken in the third semester.
To be accepted into a West Chester University Business major, students must:
- Complete the following courses: ECO 210, ECO 220, ACC 111, MAT 135, MAT 136, BUS 220, BUS 210, and BUS 230 with a grade of C or better.
- Complete 45 credits with at least a 2.5 GPA
- The Excel Proficiency Exam is no longer a requirement for acceptance into the major. Student who transfer with less than 45 credits must take WCU's GEO 104 or CSC 112 as one of their two science general education requirements.