For up-to-date COVID-19 protocols, including Fall 2022 Health and Safety Guidelines, visit dccc.edu/coronavirus.
What Can My Advisor Do For Me?
Every student is assigned an academic advisor. Your advisor could be:
- A counselor or advisor in the Career & Counseling Center
- A faculty member in the area of your major
- A counselor or advisor at the campus/center you take your classes
- A college administrator attached to special programs such as
- Act 101
- First-Year Experience
To find out who your advisor is and how to contact them:
- Log in to your delaGATE account
- Hover over “Students”
- Click on “Who is my advisor” under the Student Services column
- You can also use the direct link: delagate.dccc.edu/external/banner/general-student-record (delaGATE login still required)
To book an appointment with a Career & Counseling advisor:
- Go to the Drop-in page and use the Make An Appointment menu
Your advisor can help you with the following:
- Changing your major
- Registering for classes
- Creating an academic plan towards graduation
- Finding resources on campus
- Guiding you in the right direction to achieve your goals!
We highly recommend that you meet with your advisor regularly to answer any questions or concerns you may have. The Career & Counseling Center is happy to assist you!