Request for Reinstatement
College personnel may cancel or drop students from courses for several reasons, including non-payment, low course enrollment, or non-participation in the first week of the class. Students who are removed from courses by College personnel for any of these reasons may request to be reinstated. Reinstatement is not guaranteed but may be considered under certain circumstances. Please follow the appropriate steps outlined below to request reinstatement back into a course.
Canceled for non-payment (before the start of the term or during Add/Drop)
Students who are dropped for non-payment before the start of the term or during the Add/Drop period can re-register themselves online through delaGATE if there is still an available seat in the course and they do not have holds preventing them from registering. Students who have difficulty reinstating themselves should send an email to email@example.com or stop by Enrollment Central to be reinstated. When emailing the Records Office, please provide your name, student ID number, and the course CRN, term, and name.
Students who need advising for advice on alternate courses are encouraged to meet with their assigned academic advisor. Students can locate assigned advisors in Degree Works on delaGATE. If the assigned advisor is unavailable, students can make an appointment with Career and Counseling Services (recommended) or participate in Drop-in Registration events, either in person or virtually. Students can visit dccc.edu/registration for details.
Canceled for non-payment (after Add/Drop)
Students who are dropped for non-payment after the end of the Add/Drop period must get approval from the instructor and appropriate academic dean for the course. The following steps outline this process:
- Be prepared to pay for the course immediately upon registration or speak with the financial aid office or student accounts to learn about payment options.
- Once prepared to make payment or payment arrangement, contact course instructor or the appropriate academic division to request permission for reinstatement.
- Once approved, the dean’s office will email student accounts who will complete the reinstatement.
- Make payment or payment arrangement immediately following registration.
No Show Withdrawal
Students who have been withdrawn for non-participation in the first week of the class (i.e., no show withdrawn) can request to be reinstated. The following steps outline this process:
- Request permission to be reinstated from the respective faculty member who submitted the no show withdrawal request.
- If reinstatement is approved by the faculty member, the faculty member will email firstname.lastname@example.org with the student’s name, ID #, and the course to be reinstated.
- Students who have difficulty contacting the faculty member should contact the appropriate academic dean for assistance.
Canceled for Low Enrollment
Students whose courses were canceled for low enrollment should meet with their assigned academic advisor to find an alternate course. Students can locate their advisor in Degree Works on delaGATE. If the assigned advisor is unavailable, students can make an appointment with Career and Counseling Services (recommended) or participate in Drop-in Registration events, either in person or virtually. Students can visit dccc.edu/registration for details.