Get Your Health in Check at the 35th Annual Health Fair
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Michelle Tooker, Public Relations
(Delaware and Chester Counties, PA)— Get free health screenings or confer with a medical professional at Delaware County Community College's 35th annual Health Fair on Wednesday, October 16, 2013, from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The Health Fair is free and open to the public and will be held in the College's Academic Building lobby (901 S. Media Line Road, Media, PA).
Free screenings will be given for blood pressure, hearing, vision and HIV/AIDS. Presenters will cover general health topics as well as issues related to breast cancer, vision, fitness/exercise, mental health, HIV/AIDS, nutrition, heart health, high blood pressure, domestic abuse, rape, sexually transmitted infections, drug and alcohol safety, pregnancy and community education. Tobacco prevention, cessation and emerging tobacco products will also be discussed.
Participating organizations include:
- Aetna Insurance for Medicaid and CHIP
- AIDS Care Group
- Bryn Mawr Hospital-Main Line Health
- Care Link
- ChesPenn Health Services
- College’s EMT Students
- College's Fitness Center
- Crozer-Chester Medical Center Audiology
- Delaware County Memorial Hospital
- Delaware County Regional Cancer Center
- Delaware County State Health Center
- Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County
- Holcomb Behavioral Health Systems
- Inter-Community Health Coordination
- Women Against Rape
For more information, contact the College's Wellness Center at 610-359-5140. The College is handicap accessible with limited parking. Please call in advance to make arrangements.
# # #