Face masks are required in all indoor facilities regardless of vaccination status. Effective January 1, 2022, proof of vaccination will be required for students, employees and visitors. Visit dccc.edu/vaccine-info for additional information.
GED Program Seeking Volunteer Tutors
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Michelle Tooker, Public Relations
(Delaware and Chester Counties, PA)— Are you interested in obtaining personal satisfaction and fulfillment by helping adult learners work toward accomplishing their academic goals? Then become a volunteer tutor! Delaware County Community College’s grant-funded Adult Basic Education and GED program is seeking volunteer tutors and classroom assistants to help prepare adult learners for the GED test.
Volunteering requires at least a six-month commitment, and volunteers must have a bachelor’s degree or be enrolled in a four-year degree program. This includes community college students who are enrolled in a transfer program that will lead to a four-year degree. All volunteers also must attend a training session. Upcoming training sessions will be offered at the Marple Campus (901 South Media Line Road, Media) on:
- Tuesday, September 17, from 6-8 p.m.
- Thursday, September 19, from 6-8 p.m.
Tutors work with small groups or one-on-one with students. Students and volunteers meet for three hours per week in a public place. The College is currently looking for volunteers who can:
- Help English-speaking immigrants who need to improve basic reading, writing and math skills before advancing to the GED classroom
- Assist adult students from Delaware and Chester Counties who need to improve basic reading, writing and math skills before moving into the GED classroom
- Help students who have not completed their GED credentials and are in need of higher-level math skills
- Serve as classroom assistants and support GED instructors and students in the classroom
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity, please complete an interest form at: www.dccc.edu/ged-tutor. For more information or questions, contact Jody Harman, GED Program Coordinator, at 484-237-6244.
# # #