Please visit dccc.edu/coronavirus to access student resources and support, including information about federal relief funding for eligible students during the pandemic.
Free Screenings and More at 34th Annual Health Fair October 17
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Michelle Tooker, Public Relations
(Delaware and Chester Counties, PA)—Get free health screenings or confer with a medical professional at Delaware County Community College’s 34th annual Health Fair on Wednesday, October 17, 2012, from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. “Fall into Health” is free and open to the public and will be held in the College’s Academic Building lobby (901 S. Media Line Road, Media, PA).
Free screenings will be given for blood pressure, vision, and pulmonary function. Vouchers will be available for hearing screening from Riddle Memorial Hospital’s Audiology Department. Presenters will cover general health topics as well as issues related to cancer, vision, fitness/exercise, mental health, HIV/AIDS, nutrition, heart health, high blood pressure, domestic abuse, rape, sexually transmitted infections, drug and alcohol safety, pregnancy and community education. Tobacco prevention, cessation and emerging tobacco products will also be discussed.
Participating organizations include:
- AIDS Care Group
- Amnion Crisis Pregnancy Center
- Bryn Mawr Hospital–Main Line Health
- Care Link
- College’s Fitness Center
- Community Health Services
- DCCC Medical Assistant Students
- Delaware County Memorial Hospital
- Delaware County Regional Cancer Center
- Delaware County State Health Center
- Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County
- Health Promotion Council
- Holcomb Behavioral Health Systems
- Inter-Community Health Coordination
- Riddle Memorial Hospital Audiology Department
- Women Against Rape
For more information, contact the College’s Wellness Center at 610-359-5140. The College is handicap accessible with limited parking. Please call in advance to make arrangements.
# # #