Allied Health, Emergency Services and Nursing Open House March 11
(Delaware and Chester Counties, PA • February 2, 2015)— On Wednesday, March 11, 2015, Delaware County Community College will host an Allied Health, Emergency Services and Nursing open house in the Large Auditorium of the Academic Building at the Marple Campus (901 South Media Line Road, Media, PA). The event begins promptly at 6 p.m. and is free and open to anyone interested in the Allied Health fields.
Attendees will have the chance to:
- Attend hands-on demonstrations and sessions
- Scrub in on a mock surgery in the simulation lab’s operating room
- Watch as current students demonstrate a sterile dressing change
- Observe Sim Man, a state-of-the-art simulation patient
- Participate in a medical emergency drill
- Listen to a panel discussion with students and faculty
- View a respiratory demonstration
- Meet faculty and admissions representatives
- Have your questions answered
Delaware County Community College offers a variety of associate degrees and certificate programs in the Allied Health fields, including EMT, Fire Science, Health Studies, Medical Billing, Nursing, Paramedic, Surgical Technology and more. The College supports its Allied Health programs with state-of-the-art simulation laboratories that are staffed by industry professionals and outfitted with modern learning tools used in advanced nursing programs. Students enjoy user-friendly learning environments with access to the technology that they need to advance in their careers.
Those interested in attending can register online at www.dccc.edu/openhouse or by calling the Admissions Office at 610-723-4000. Walk-in registration also will be available on March 11 at 5:30 p.m. in the Large Auditorium of the Academic Building.