Student Success and Life
Mon-Thur: 7:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Fri: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sat: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
We want to know what you think. Love the Learning Commons? Running into a consistent problem? Have an idea for improvement? We want to know. Let us know by filling out this form. We will post your comment and our response right here on this blog.
NEW! Technology Toy Box
Come Play! Do you want to try out the newest in mobile technologies?
The Technology Toy Box is now open in the Learning Commons
Group Study Room 3
Monday & Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - noon
(Closed Tuesday, Saturday, & Sunday)
The Learning Commons is pleased to announce a series of academic workshops, seminars and webinars for the spring semester. Please follow this link for more details.
The Delaware County Community College Learning Commons opened in January 2013. Located on the fourth floor of Founders Hall, the Learning Commons serves as a center for students, faculty and staff in a dynamic space that supports the College’s commitment to student success.
This vibrant new facility offers a student-centered environment that provides access to many academic resources and encourages opportunities for collaborative learning. Academic support services found in the Learning Commons include Library Services, Writing and Tutoring Services. The Learning Commons also offers a wide variety of technology including portable and assistive technologies. Students can also use quiet and collaborative study spaces (with whiteboards and computer display screens) and purchase items at a coffee bar.
All of the following services are available to active students, are supported by technology, and may be accessed on a walk-in basis or by appointment.
- Library Services - Library services are offered to support the learning and research needs of students, faculty, staff and community members. Students have access to printed or e-resources, DVDs, streaming videos, and/or to meet with a librarian.
- Tutoring Services - Professional, peer and online tutoring are all available to support students in their pursuit of learning. Tutors work to create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning, self-improvement and exploration in order to encourage students to become independent, lifelong learners.
- Writing Services - Services are available to help students with all phases of composition and to encourage independent thinking and writing. Faculty and professional tutors will guide students through all stages of the writing and revision process and even offer sessions on specific problem areas when necessary.
- Technology Services – More than 100 computers are available for students to access all academic supports and resources. Printing, copying and scanning are also available.
- Circulation – All printed materials and various technology may be borrowed from the Learning Commons. Stop by for more details.
- Branch Locations - All of the above services are provided at branch locations. Please stop by the Learning Commons at any location for exact procedures and more information.