Delaware County Community College, Serving Delaware and Chester Counties

High School Dual Enrollment FAQ


Yes, if you are unable to complete an online application please print and complete the paper dual enrollment application. Please submit to the Dual Enrollment Office as stated on the application.


It is up to individual school districts whether to award high school credit for college courses completed by dual enrollment students. Delaware County Community College will print the final course grade on a student’s transcript, just as it does for any other college student. This academic history becomes a permanent part of a student’s record at the College. Students may also request that a transcript of their coursework be sent to another post-secondary institution for transfer credit evaluation. Request Transcript

Can a dual enrollment student take more than the 21 total credits?

Yes, dual enrollment students may continue beyond the 21 discounted credits, but will be assessed regular tuition and fees for any courses beyond those limits.

For traditional tuition cost, visit the Tuition & Fees page.


Financial aid regulations stipulate that, in order to be eligible for financial aid, students must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent. Therefore, dual enrollment students are not eligible for financial aid. However, it is highly recommended that high school seniors apply for financial aid soon after October 1 of their senior year to determine financial aid eligibility after high school graduation.

For more information regarding completing the FAFSA, please visit the Financial Aid page.


Once a student has applied and application has been processed they will be able to access their student portal, delaGATE. Within delaGATE a student will be able to access their online classroom (if applicable), student email, request transcripts, course cancellations, student schedule, make bill payment, etc. For first-time users, please visit and use your student DCCC ID# (P00XXXXXX) found on your welcome letter as well as your date of birth (MMDDYY) as your first-time password. If you are unable to login please contact the IT Help Desk at 610-359-5211.


Students can access their online classroom through Canvas

Dual enrollment students will receive communications in multiple ways. They will receive their welcome packet via postal mail but future communications may be delivered via email, phone and/or text messaging. Students should frequently check their personal email account as well as their delaGATE (student portal) email account to determine if they received any communication from the College.


As a dual enrollment student, you have completed college courses here at Delaware County Community College. Students continuing their education at the College need only to attend a New Student Registration Session.

* Students that wish to obtain higher math scores on the placement test may retest prior to graduating from high school. After high school graduation, a student will be unable to retest but if they may still submit qualifying SAT/ACT scores to Assessment Services.

* If a student is seeking financial aid assistance, they will want to also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

* Students should contact 610-359-5322 to schedule New Student Registration Session (if retesting, please schedule after placement test).

For more financial aid information, including scholarships, visit the Financial Aid Office page.

Did You Know?

* There is an option to participate in a transfer agreement (visit:

* Online Degree Options (visit:

* You can save money (visit: and compare cost by visiting our Cost Comparison chart)

* Scholarships (

In most cases, our four-year partners require students to make their intention of pursuing a guaranteed admission option known within the first 30 credits of Delaware County Community

College coursework. While dually enrolled, students may consult with a College transfer advisor about appropriate course selection that complies with the transfer agreement in which they are interested. In addition, students will received assistance with completing the necessary paperwork to alert a four-year partner of the student’s intent to participate in the guaranteed admission option after completing their associate degree at the College.

For more information regarding transferring to a four-year institution, visit the Transfer Office page.

Are dual enrollment students held to the same standards as other college students?

Yes, dual enrollment students are held to the same academic and conduct policies as any other college student. View the Student Handbook.

The dual enrollment discount applies to all terms as long as you have not reached the 21 credit limit.

New students can begin PowerUp (June start date) or Summer II (July start date) rather than Summer I (May start date). Students should consider high school load, extracurricular activities, employment, etc. when registering for PowerUp, Fall and Spring semesters. Lastly, dual enrollment students are ineligible to register for the Winter session (session between Fall and Spring semesters).

Specific high schools will communicate with their students if they are covering the cost of books. If your school is not covering the cost of books please visit the Bookstore’s webpage. Students will want to access/print their college schedule via delaGATE before gathering book information. To do so, please follow the below instructions:

-Log onto delaGATE
-Click on “Students”
-Select “View Your Class Schedule”
-Select your term and submit

*It may be best to select “Detail Schedule” at the bottom of your weekly schedule as this will provide a condensed view of your registration including all information needed to search for book information.

As a dual enrollment student, please remember you have access to the Learning Commons (including tutors), computers (found at the Learning Commons), transfer appointments, disability services and more. Please contact the Dual Enrollment Office if you have any additional questions or where to locate these resources and services at the Marple campus or at our branch campuses. Dual enrollment students should also be aware that they will follow the same College policies as any other students. This includes, but not limited to, following the instructor’s classroom policies, grading, drop and withdraw dates, student conduct, etc. as found in the Student Handbook.