Day of Empowerment
In response to expected questions and issues raised the day before with the Business, Computing & Social Science Symposium America in Crisis: Is There A War on Women?, the college will host A Day of Empowerment featuring some pioneering women speakers and panelists.
- 9:05 a.m. - Dr. Jennifer Gunsaullus will deliver a keynote speech to kick off the day.
- 10:10 a.m. - The founder and chief brand officer of Cora feminine hygiene products, Molly Hayward, will sit down with Professor Keeley Mitchell to have a discussion about empowering women.
- 11:15 a.m. - The Diversity Programming Committee and College-wide Reading present Ariell Johnson, the founder and owner of Amalgam Comics & Coffeehouse in Philadelphia.
- 12:20 p.m. – There will be a panel discussion on Women in the Trades. The panelists will consist of the College’s very own faculty.
- 1:30 to 4 p.m. – Students will have an opportunity to speak with speakers from the day and different women’s groups. During this time, Dr. Jenn will host an intimate Q&A. There will also be some refreshments near the Avenue C café space outside of the large auditorium.