New Choices Career Development Program
1301 Academic Building
Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday - By Appointment Only
For adults making transitions and who need to refresh their skills and goals
This free program can help our attendees:
- Achieve career, educational and personal goals
- Enhance confidence, assertiveness and decision-making skills
- Find meaningful employment and improved economic security
New Choices is a free, statewide career development course empowering our community with the skills, resources and support they need to find meaningful employment. Through in-person and virtual classes, the program is designed to give participants individualized attention and training to help each person achieve personally and professionally. We work one-on-one and in small groups to help jobseekers learn how to translate their past skills into today's workforce, prepare for the job market, make connections and achieve financial security.
Upcoming Program Schedule
Classes run upon request of students. We offer virtual, in person and hybrid classes.
- CRN 2638: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 28, 29, and 30.
- Technology Portion CRN 2639 (must have completed previous New Choices classes to attend): 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 21 and 22
To register for an upcoming program, please use our quick registration form or call
- Always available and are scheduled individually
- Please call Audrey at
To register for an upcoming program, please use our quick registration form (or call).
New Choices Curriculum
- Career assessment
- Career counseling/Planning
- Résumé preparation
- Interview Instruction/Practice
- Skills identification
- Job Search Strategy and Labor Market Trends
- Referrals/connections to community resources
- Exploration of Education/Training Resources
- LinkedIn Assistance/Review
- Salary negotiation
- Word and Excel Training
New Choices has been offering career services for 39 years to clients from all backgrounds. Each year, at least 75% of our students are successful in obtaining work or furthering their education.
Want to give back? Click the donate button above, then after entering an amount, hit next. On the next page, there is a "giving options" drop box. Select New Choices to ensure your donation goes toward the program. Your donations are tax deductible, and provide vital resources for our students.