New Choices Career Development Program
New Choices Career Development Program is a free service of Delaware County Community College designed to help single parents, displaced homemakers and individuals going through life transitions (including those experiencing layoffs and furloughs). In light of Covid-19 developments and following safety protocols put in place by the college, all services will be offered in an online format through Fall 2020.
Join an engaging online program that is part class, part support group to aid you in achieving your short and long-term career goals. Learn more about interview skills, labor market trends, networking, and more while having conversations with others in your situation and receiving 1:1 check in calls with a counselor to formulate a plan for your future. By the completion of the program, participants leave with an updated resume, a clearer idea of their career and educational options, and a plan to see them through with confidence. One on one coaching/short term services may also be available on a case by case basis.
- Career assessment
- Career counseling/Planning
- Résumé preparation
- Interview Instruction/Practice
- Skills identification
- Job Search Strategy and Labor Market Trends
- Referrals/connections to community resources
- Exploration of Education/Training Resources
- Linkedin Assistance/Review
2020 Online Program Schedule
- August 18-28, 9-11 a.m. (Week 1: T/W/TR, Week 2: W/TR: Classes August 18, 19, 20, 26 and 27)
- August 18-28, 6-8 p.m. (Week 1: T/W/TR, Week 2: W/TR: Classes August 18, 19, 20, 26 and 27)
- September 8-17, 9-11 a.m. (Week 1: T/W/TR, Week 2: W/TR: Classes September 8, 9, 10, 16 and 17)
- September 8-17, 6-8 p.m. (Week 1: T/W/TR, Week 2: W/TR: Classes September 8, 9, 10, 16 and 17)
- September 21-25, 9-11 a.m. (M-F, Class everyday)
- September 29-October 9, 9-11 a.m. (Week 1: T/W/TR, Week 2: W/TR: Classes September 29 and 30, October 1, 7 and 8)
Dates may be subject to change based on demand
New Choices has been offering career services for 37 years to clients from all backgrounds. Each year, at least 75% of our students are successful in obtaining work or furthering their education.
Want to give back? Click the donate button above, then after entering an amount, hit next. On the next page, there is a "giving options" drop box. Select New Choices to ensure your donation goes toward the program. Your donations are tax deductible, and provide vital resources for our students.