For up-to-date COVID-19 protocols, including Health and Safety Guidelines for Summer/Fall 2022, visit dccc.edu/coronavirus.
New Choices Career Development Program
New Choices Career Development Program is a free service of Delaware County Community College designed to help single parents, displaced homemakers and individuals going through life transitions (including those experiencing layoffs and furloughs).
Join an engaging online or in-person program that is part class, part support group to aid you in achieving your short and long-term career goals. Learn more about interview skills, labor market trends, networking, and more while having conversations with others in your situation and receiving 1:1 check in calls with a counselor to formulate a plan for your future. By the completion of the program, participants leave with an updated resume, a clearer idea of their career and educational options, and a plan to see them through with confidence. 1:1 coaching/short-term services may also be available on a case-by-case basis.
To register for an upcoming program, please use our quick registration form (or call).
New Choices is excited to announce that we will be able to assist many successful New Choices Graduates of 2021 online programs in obtaining online training in one of the following programs, depending on their individual goals. This funding was generously provided by Project W, a Delaware County giving circle of women. These opportunities will benefit women from Delaware County who meet certain criteria including being unemployed or underemployed. For more information on these training opportunities, email Tricia Scepansky. Below are a list of trainings the grant covers:
- Microsoft Office Training
- Pharmacy Technician Program
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant level 1
- Administrative Professional (MOS Certificate)
- Venipuncture and Digital Patient Record Certification
- Contact tracing, Interviewing & Digital Records Career Program
New Choices Curriculum
- Career assessment
- Career counseling/Planning
- Résumé preparation
- Interview Instruction/Practice
- Skills identification
- Job Search Strategy and Labor Market Trends
- Referrals/connections to community resources
- Exploration of Education/Training Resources
- Linkedin Assistance/Review
- Salary negotiation
Upcoming Program Schedule
- Classes run upon request of students. We offer virtual and in-person.
- Virtual dates through June - Tuesday and Thursdays - time to be determined.
- In-person schedule: Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6-9 p.m. with dates starting June 3.
New Choices has been offering career services for 37 years to clients from all backgrounds. Each year, at least 75% of our students are successful in obtaining work or furthering their education.
Want to give back? Click the donate button above, then after entering an amount, hit next. On the next page, there is a "giving options" drop box. Select New Choices to ensure your donation goes toward the program. Your donations are tax deductible, and provide vital resources for our students.