Effective Thursday, August 5, face masks will be required in all indoor facilities regardless of vaccination status. View additional updates at dccc.edu/coronavirus.
What classes are Act 48 eligible?
Act 48 is a requirement for all Pennsylvania certified teachers in K-12 schools. According to the Pennsylvania Department of Education, teachers must take professional development courses in order to maintain their certification. These professional activities can be:
- 6 Collegiate Credits
- 6 PDE approved credits in the form of seminars or workshops offered by school districts
- 180 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Any combination of the above
Process for reporting Act 48 credits is:
- Students must have registered with PDE
- To get Act 48 credit reported to PDE, the request must go to Student Records, [email protected]
- Students must email their names and PDE identification numbers to Student Records
- The course MUST BE completed prior to sending the email
- The College reports to PDE the hours and credit equivalency
For more information, call Student Records at 610-359-2838.