Effective January 1, 2022, proof of vaccination is required for all faculty, staff and students taking on-campus classes or accessing on-campus services. More information, including specifics for prospective students and visitors, is available at dccc.edu/vaccine-info. Face masks are required in all indoor facilities.
Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society
The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize and encourage scholarship among community/junior college students. To achieve this, Phi Theta Kappa provides opportunities for development in the areas of scholarship, leadership, fellowship and service. Since established in 1918 more than 3.5 million students nation-wide have become members www.ptk.org.
The college has established two chapters:
- Alpha Tau Epsilon, our longest standing chapter meets at the Marple Campus.
- Beta Psi Pi, our most recently chartered chapter meets in Chester County.
To be contacted by a PTK advisor, please email [email protected] with your name and student ID (P00) number.
Students that meet the following criteria each fall and spring semester are contacted and encouraged to join:
- Completed a minimum of 12 semester hours of associate degree work
- A 3.5 or higher GPA
Phi Theta Kappa members can look forward to:
- An induction ceremony
- Scholarship opportunities to help complete associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees
- Leadership and service opportunities
- Programming to help build professional skills
- Continuing education resources for students seeking to transfer
Recent PTK Recognitions
Jacob Beckman (BPP chapter) was recently named a 2021 Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholar. Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholars are chosen based on outstanding academic achievement and demonstrated leadership potential.
The Pennsylvania Commission for Community Colleges (PACCC) recognized community college students who achieved academic excellence and demonstrated a commitment to their colleges and communities. The following students received the All-Pennsylvania Academic Team honor for 2021:
Guinevere Paviglianiti (BPP)
Priscilla Kongo (ATE)
Victoria Wilson (BPP)