Athletics / Recreation
Taking part in sports is a great way to stay fit and get to know your fellow students. Delaware County Community College offers a wide range of sports programs at all levels—from competitive intercollegiate athletics to more informal recreational sports and clubs. Find the program that’s right for you:
Delaware County Community College has a strong athletic tradition producing many excellent student-athletes. As a student, you may compete in any of our seven intercollegiate sports teams. The College is a Division 3 member of the Eastern Pennsylvania Athletic Conference in Region 19 of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA).
|Men's Sports||Women's Sports|
|Baseball, Basketball, Soccer and Golf||Basketball, Track & Field and Volleyball|
• Complete a physical examination prior to the season
• Complete a NJCAA eligibility form
• You must have health insurance
• You must be a full-time student carrying a minimum of 12 credits and remain enrolled in at least 12 credits the during the semester of competition
• Student-athletes must earn 12 credits with a minimum 2.00 GPA each semester
• Must have copy of valid photo ID, birth certificate or passport.
• International students must have a copy of your I-20, I-9, Green Card, or passport.
• If you are a transfer student, an official copy of the college transcript is needed.
Contact Suni K. Blackwell, Director of Wellness, Athletics and Recreation for more details on eligibility. Completed forms can be emailed as attachments to email@example.com.
Club sports are another way for students to get involved. If you need more flexibility and less commitment than intercollegiate sports require, these activities are not as formal as intercollegiate sports but are more structured than recreational sports. Here is a list of club sports we are looking to offer our students:
- Dance Team (Co-ed)
- Men's Track & Field
If you are a student who likes more informal team sports, you may participate in a variety of recreational and intramural programs at all campus locations. Here is a list of activities we look to offer our students:
- Ping Pong
- Corn Hole & Bean Bag Toss
- Soccer (5-on-5)