The College is open to assist you both virtually and at some select physical locations. Remote learning will continue through the summer and fall sessions. A small number of hybrid classes are offered with limited class meetings on campus and other work assigned online. Visit dccc.edu/coronavirus for more information.
Wellness, Athletics & Recreation Resources during Covid-19
Every Monday, DCCC Wellness will be adding new content/resources to this page, as well as our social media to promote healthy movement! Check out some of our current resources below, and follow us on Instagram at @dccc_athletics for more information.
- Full Body Strength/Muscle Endurance Workout (Watch Video)
- 10 Minute Mindful Standing Stretch Break (Watch Video)
- Full Body Stretch Routine (Watch Video)
- 10 Minute Stretch Routine Pt. 2 (Watch Video)
- Free Coloring Pages
- Virtual Cooking Demonstrations with Purdue Wellness
For your safety, please consult with your physician before participating in any physical activity to ensure it is safe for you to exercise. For further questions, please Email Austin Carroll.
Every Wednesday, DCCC Wellness will be highlighting wellness resources in the community, and will be providing information on tips to achieving a healthier lifestyle. Check out some of our current resources below!
- Healthy Cooking at Home: Banana Brownies | Watch Video
- Spice Cabinet Veggie Dip | Watch Video
- Pollinator Gardening | Watch video
- The Ecological Garden | Read Article
- Intro to Growing Herbs | Read Article
What's New With Wellness (WNWW)
Check out our latest episodes from our WNWW Instagram TV series, focused on highlighting wellness resources in our local and internal community!
- Ep. 1 - Counseling/LGBTQ Resources w/ Jason Stansberry
- Ep. 2 - Sexual Health Resources w/ Amber Nichols of Family and Community Service of Delco
- Ep. 3 - Domestic Abuse Project Delco Resources w/ Nicole Powell
- Ep. 4 - The importance of Donating Blood, How/When/Where w/ Jill Daws of the American Red Cross
- Ep. 5 - Picking the right shoe to get moving! w/ Ken Taylor of "The Running Place"
- Ep. 6 Mainline Health System Hospital and Wellness Resources, W/ Kara Chivalette
- Ep. 7- Social Health & Wellness Club, Virtual Running Club w/ Lionel Brodie of OPAC
- Ep. 8 - Nutrition Education w/ Jasmine Westbrooks of Eat Well Exchange, inc.
Learn the importance of staying active and the health benefits of physical activity. Check out some of the resources below that may help you get started!
- Move More All Month Long
- Choose your own workout circuit from the comfort of your home
- 25 Ways to Get Moving at Home
- Balance Exercises
- Importance of flexibility
Mindfulness & Meditation
- 10-Minute Mindfulness Meditation
- The Perfect Mindfulness Meditation in Only 10 Minutes
- Become Fully Present & Calm with this Guided 10-Minute Mindfulness Meditation
- Mindful Monday
Group Exercise Classes
- Les Mills At-Home Workouts
- 30-min Cardio Latin Dance Workout
- 30-Min STRONG Zumba-Full Body Toning
- 10-Minute Standing Core Workout
- 30-Min Hip Hop Fit Workout
- 30 Min At-Home Boxing Workout
Additional Free Online Fitness Resources
- Orange Theory workouts focused on themes such as core, upper and lower body. Designed to elevate your mood. No workout equipment required, household items welcome.
- Fitness Blender provides a variety of workouts that range from low impact to high intensity and offer weightlifting, cardio, kickboxing, yoga and pilates. Minimal equipment needed.
- Yoga with Adrienne offers a variety of stretching and meditation-inspired workouts that will leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
- Redefining Strength content includes workouts and exercise variations with dynamic warm up routines to get started.
- Overtime Athletes provides great content for speed training, agility drills and mobility exercises.
Community Wellness Resources
Physical Wellness: Our Community Gym Partner | Retro Fitness | Click here to learn about our DCCC Exclusive Membership
Enviormental Wellness: Check Out Tyler Arboretum
Delco/Chesco LGBTQ Resources