Art Gallery Call For Entries: 215 | 610 Contemporary Juried Exhibition of Regional Emerging Artists
About the Exhibition
The Gallery at Delaware County Community College presents the 215|610 Contemporary: Juried Exhibition of Regional Emerging Artists, scheduled for this November 12-December 21, 2018. The purpose of this juried exhibition is to engage the community in regional art and participate in an exchange of ideas and abilities. Artists are invited to bring new life to an age-old method of creating art, building a contemporary definition of their medium. Learn More »
2018 Juror: Jean Shin
Born in South Korea and raised in the United States, Jean Shin attended the Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture and received a BFA in Painting and an MS in Theory, Criticism and History of Art, Design and Architecture from Pratt Institute, New York. Her works have been exhibited at more than 150 museums and cultural institutions, including solo exhibitions at the Museum of Modern Art, New York; the Fabric Workshop and Museum, Philadelphia; and the Smithsonian American Art Museum, Washington, DC. Jean Shin is nationally recognized for her monumental installations that transform castoff materials into elegant expressions of identity and community. Working in a variety of mediums, she collects vast accumulations of singular objects—prescription pill bottles, sports trophies, sweaters—which she alters into conceptually rich sculptures, videos and site-specific installations. Distinguished by her meticulous, labor intensive process of amassing her materials from various communities, her arresting installations reflect the individuals’ personal lives as well as collective issues that we face as a society.
$400 Best in Show
$300 First Place
$200 Second Place
$100 Third Place
Required Non-Refundable Entry Fee
$15 One (1) entry
$27 Two (2) entries
$35 Three (3) entries
$40 Four (4) entries
• Choose the fee choice that corresponds with your entries (1, 2, 3, or 4 entries)
• After you complete the checkout process, you will receive a confirmation email of your payment (keep this for your records)
• Do Not Send Cash
Regional, emerging artists are invited to submit up to four (4) pieces for consideration:
• Artists must reside within Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware
• The “emerging artist” is an artist that has established a style of working and creates professional work, yet does not have gallery representation
• Eligible artists cannot be employees or family of employees at Delaware County Community College
• Only recent work created within the last three (3) years is eligible (created between 2015-2018)
• Work that has been previously exhibited at the College is ineligible
• All work chosen to be exhibited must be in “ready-to-hang” condition; Work can be in any media and no larger than 83 inches in height (if your artwork is larger, it will still be considered, but its combined width and height will need to fit through the Gallery doors)
• Submissions chosen to be included in the exhibition are at the discretion of the juror, and not all submissions will be chosen to be displayed
• Work that is altered in any way or substituted after being chosen for the exhibition will be ineligible (the photo of your artwork that you submit is the way you intend it to be displayed)
1. Submit up to four (4) pieces of artwork through the entry form below.
2. Upload at least one (1) image of each piece being submitted and name the file accordingly.
3. All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format and meet the guidelines below:
• 100 dpi resolution minimum
• image file must be no larger than 10 inches in width or height
• maximum of 2 MB in file size
• file name = lastname_title.jpg
• positioned to be viewed upright
4. An automatic entry confirmation will be sent to the email provided upon submission.
5. Submit the required non-refundable entry fee online through the Entry Fee Submission (or by mail) by Monday, October 1, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
6. Work will be juried and artists will be notified by Monday, October 1, 2018.
7. Further delivery and installation instructions will be provided upon acceptance into the exhibition.
• Artist (or a designated person) must be able to hand deliver work to the College within the timeframe given after being accepted
• All expenses incurred by the Artist to deliver to and pick up artwork from the College are not the responsibility of the College and will not be reimbursed
• Exhibited artwork is insured by the College for the duration of the exhibition within the Art Gallery
• Artwork that is not retrieved within 14 consecutive days after the exhibition's end date shall become property of the College (unless an alternative pickup date is agreed upon by the Gallery staff and the Artist)
Please contact the Arts Office by calling 610-359-5266 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.