Art Gallery Call For Entries: 215 | 610 Contemporary Juried Exhibition of Regional Emerging Artists
About the Exhibition
The Gallery at Delaware County Community College presents the 215|610 Contemporary: Juried Exhibition of Regional Emerging Artists, scheduled for this December 6, 2017 - January 10, 2018. The purpose of this juried exhibition is to engage the community in regional art and participate in an exchange of ideas and abilities. Artists are invited to bring new life to an age-old method of creating art, building a contemporary definition of their medium.
Juror: Odili Donald Odita
Odili Donald Odita was born in Enugu Nigeria and lives and works in Philadelphia and New York. Odita received an MFA from Bennington College, Vermont (1990), and a BFA (with Distinction, Excellence in the Arts Award) from the Ohio State University (1988). Odita is currently an Associate Professor of Painting in Philadelphia at the Tyler School of Art / Temple University since 2006; from 2003-2005, Odita was a Visiting Critic in Painting at Yale University School of Art; from 2000-2006, Odita was an Associate Professor in Painting at the Florida State University, Tallahassee; and from 2002-2003, Odita was a Visiting Associate Professor in Painting at the University of South Florida, Tampa. During the 1990s, Odita was a critic for Flash Art International, and a consulting editor and writer for NKA, Journal of Contemporary African Art. (Source: https://tyler.temple.edu/faculty/odili-donald-odita)
$400 Best in Show
$300 First Place
$200 Second Place
$100 Third Place
Required Non-Refundable Entry Fee
$15 One (1) entry
$27 Two (2) entries
$35 Three (3) entries
$40 Four (4) entries
• Choose the fee choice that corresponds with your entries (1, 2, 3, or 4 entries)
• After you complete the checkout process, you will receive a confirmation email of your payment (keep this for your records)
• Do Not Send Cash
Regional, emerging artists are invited to submit up to four (4) pieces for consideration:
• Artists must reside within the following counties: Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton and Philadelphia in Pennsylvania, New Castle in Delaware and Burlington, Camden, Gloucester and Salem in New Jersey.
• The “emerging artist” is an artist that has established a style of working and creates professional work, yet does not have gallery representation
• Eligible artists cannot be employees or family of employees at Delaware County Community College
• Only recent work created within the last three (3) years is eligible (created between 2014 - 2017)
• Work that has been previously exhibited at the College is ineligible
• All work chosen to be exhibited must be in “ready-to-hang” condition; Work can be in any media and no larger than 83 inches in height (if your artwork is larger, it will still be considered, but its combined width and height will need to fit through the Gallery doors)
• Submissions chosen to be included in the exhibition are at the discretion of the juror, and not all submissions will be chosen to be displayed
• Work that is altered in any way or substituted after being chosen for the exhibition will be ineligible (the photo of your artwork that you submit is the way you intend it to be displayed)
1. Submit up to four (4) pieces of artwork through the entry form below.
2. Upload at least one (1) image of each piece being submitted and name the file accordingly.
3. All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format and meet the guidelines below:
• 100 dpi resolution minimum
• image file must be no larger than 10 inches in width or height
• maximum of 2 MB in file size
• file name = lastname_title.jpg
• positioned to be viewed upright
4. An automatic entry confirmation will be sent to the email provided upon submission.
5. Submit the required non-refundable entry fee online through the Entry Fee Submission (or by mail) by Monday, October 30, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
6. Work will be juried and artists will be notified by Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
7. Further delivery and installation instructions will be provided upon acceptance into the exhibition.
• Artist (or a designated person) must be able to delivery work to the College within the timeframe given after being accepted
• All expenses incurred by the Artist to deliver to and pick up artwork from the College are not the responsibility of the College and will not be reimbursed
• Exhibited artwork is insured by the College for the duration of the exhibition within the Art Gallery
• Artwork that is not retrieved within 14 consecutive days after the exhibition's end date shall become property of the College (unless an alternative pickup date is agreed upon by the Gallery staff and the Artist)
Please contact the Arts Office by calling 610-359-5266 or sending an email to email@example.com.